Retro Computer Museum - Leicestershire, UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyRCM

Country
UK
Region
Leicestershire
Hello everybody . . .

We are in the process of trying to find premises to set up a Retro Computer/Console Museum somewhere in Leicestershire, UK.
At the present time we have a virtual museum online but on Sunday, 16th November we are having an Open Day - an ALL day event!
The Venue is a Swannington Village Hall, which is in a little village right next to where we live in Coalville, Leicestershire, this is just for one day only to see how many people would be interested in visiting the museum once we have it up and running.

There will be around 20 or so systems there including Sinclair Spectrums, Commodore 64s and Amigas, Amstrad CPC 464, Sega machines, Nintendo Machines and some other bits to play on! More details will be posted on our site.

If you would like any further information please do not hesitate to contact me by visiting our website.

Your support would be very much appreciated, as are donations of hardware/software of any kind!

Regards
Andy Spencer

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Re: Retro Computer Museum - Leicestershire, UK.

If only you were a little close Andy!

best of luck with this, it sounds like a lot of fun!

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Best of Luck with it all Andy.

Hope you all have a great time! :D

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

If I lived closer I would also come along. But I wish you all the best for this open day. I hope you get lots of visitors.

If I get any contracts that require me to be near that area I will try and schedule them so I can come along though.

Hope you take some pictures of the event so we can all see?

Would you like me to promote the open day on classicamiga.com for you? If so please email me and we can discuss details you would like in a news item on classicamiga.

AndyRCM

Country
UK
Region
Leicestershire

Sorry I haven't posted here for a while, real life takes over!

I would just like to say that the Retro Computer Museum has gone from strength to strength and has had two open days, both of which have been well attended. We now have over 125 members and the site itself has had over 2 million hits since it started last July.

Please come and take a look at our website if you get chance. I know one or two of you are already members on our forums too.

The computer and console collection has now risen to over 150 machines, and counting duplicates close to 300.

Andy

woodycool

Amiga enthusiast!
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK

I attended the open day that was on 31st May 2009.
I can honestly say, it was a brilliant day ..... I'm looking forward to the day in November now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom