Retro Infinity Player - possible bogus kickstarter project?

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
We had a new member register over at the classicamiga.com forums the other day, whom posted about a new Kickstarter project called the "Retro Infinity Project". This member turned out to be using a bogus temp email address so the account is now banned.

Have any of your heard of this project or can share any information you may know about it with me?

Upon looking into this project a lot of alarm bells started ringing. For one it is linked to companies related to Amiga.inc and none of their sites have been updated since 2013. In addition they claim this project is a development from the Blackberry playbook days, when Amiga games were offered on the platform. This Blackberry project can still be seen advertised on the dead Amiga.inc amiga.com site homepage.

Upon contacting some Amiga industry insiders it appears the Blackberry set did have some ROM/OS/Trademark licenses from Cloanto, but these were not renewed. Also the 2 companies linked to this kickstarter project only have limited trademark licenses, and are restricted to be used in projects where no Amiga emulation is being used. The whole of the "Retro Infinity Project" suggests emulation of Amiga games, so from what I can gather there is no licensing in place for this purpose.

I therefore advise against pledging any money to this project if you are invited to or follow a link to their project. I also ask if anyone knows more about this and whom is behind it to contact me so I can pass on the details to those within the industry.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
True, but I gave the heads up as it's obviously something on going that might resurface later.

RED IMPACT

Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
Looks like punters have well and truly voted with their feet on this...10 backers!

Top Bottom