Retro VGS

soeter04

Country
Netherlands
Region
NH
They acquired the original Jaguar molds.

Similarly, they have been used for dental equipement:

index.php

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
Copy it from Atari Jaguar isnt good but I dont think Atari isnt company anymore as seem bought off someone else...

DojoDan

Blogger
Country
UK
Region
West Midlands
When I first heard about this, I was really excited, and planned to start collecting for it. But, I'm just not sure how much developer support its going to get in the long run. Could be plauged with problems at launch, could be difficult to develop for. I'm tempted by the blue + white (Sonic-esque?) legen series or the blue jewel series for $349. But adding in a few games it's like £300+..

Aysel

Country
England
Region
Mansfield
I listen to the Retro Gaming Roundup podcast, its Mike from there and two other guys who are running the campaign. They are usually 6 hour (excellent) episodes but the last one was a two hour special all about the VGS. The two guys who are running the hardware development are really switched on and it sounds superb, its just the price is sadly really prohibitive I think :-(

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
$67,617USD
raised by 194 people in 5 days
3% funded
41 days left

They want $1,950,000 USD goal LOL and no chance of getting goal!

ej2095

Country
UK
Region
Tipton, West Midlands
So basically its a modern n64/megadrive/snes...

And they got to get on board developers etc for this...

DojoDan

Blogger
Country
UK
Region
West Midlands
Basically. There's tons of indie developers and suitable games on 360, PS3 and Steam, but with an initial line up a handful of games or so, it doesn't really fill me with confidence. If there were more launch titles, more confirmed titles /devs for the future then great, but there's hardly a queue. Spose it's early days tho. I'd prefer it if Sega had the same idea, at least they would get better exposure, and I can imagine indie devs would be clambering to get on board, even if it meant them doing conversions themselves.

SaviorX

VCCUG
Banned
Country
Canada
Region
Calgary, Alberta
they'd already lost me with their initial 'rant' about being 'robbed' when their favorite online games shut down for a few hours/half a day for upgrade/maintenance patches....

a: get a life, and
b: there are thousands of games to play when you can't play the game you want...oh well, that's life...

I play EQ and always have to laugh at the people on the forums ranting about not being able to play and threatening to close their accounts...
often it's just like a 3 year old who's lost their favorite toy...

between cheap retro systems (PS2 and XBox tend to be very cheap, the thrift shops are usually loaded with games), emulators, and just having thousands of games to choose from on your computer/tablet/phone..there was just no real market for what they were proposing...

Top Bottom