Not open for further replies.

Chinners

Rating - 100%
189   0   0
Country
England
Region
North Yorkshire
I just picked up a big box of Dreamcast stuff from a local car boot sale. It had almost everything - 2x controllers, 1xvmu, 8 games, keyboard, power, fishing rod... but nothing to plumb it into my telly.

Has anyone got an RGB scart cable I can buy?

Also, if the DC is in good working order, I will also be on the lookout for a few games if anyone has a few they want to sell?

Ta

Jason

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Rating - 100%
289   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Amazing system :) The scart makes a huge difference aswell, I never run mine off anything other than the scart. The VGA adaptor is great too (y)

Chinners

Rating - 100%
189   0   0
Country
England
Region
North Yorkshire
Amazing system :) The scart makes a huge difference aswell, I never run mine off anything other than the scart. The VGA adaptor is great too (y)

Yep, I got one many years ago (the day of its release if I remember correctly!). I never got a keyboard for it, but I get the feeling that this one accessory will make emulation of 8bit systems much better.

Just looking forward to cleaning it up properly - its a bit yellowed, so time to mix up another batch of the ole retrobrite. It might work quicker now we have sun up north!

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Rating - 100%
289   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
If I had a spare scart you would be welcome to it but I do have a load of keyboards for the DC. They are boxed originals, in very good condition if I remember rightly (theyre packed up in a box somwhere, I moved house recently).

You could have it for say £10 all inc? PM me if you are interested :)

I used to have all the official UK relaleased Sega accessories, including, the original Sega-produced fishing rod and the non UK released broadband adaptor. I love the DC but had to sell all the good extras I had for it due to a cash shortage :(

Justin

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
i may have a dc scart at home (I use dc to vga with mine so the scarts no use to me), i'll check tonight, if i do it's yours matey (y)

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
VGA is just EPIC, no other word. Playing Ecco on that makes you wonder why DC never went to the stars. :(

Chinners

Rating - 100%
189   0   0
Country
England
Region
North Yorkshire
VGA is just EPIC, no other word. Playing Ecco on that makes you wonder why DC never went to the stars. :(

One contributing factor will have been the almighty screw-up with the protection system - allowing it to boot from CDRs was very bad. Brilliant back then, but with hindsight, not so good.

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

i may have a dc scart at home (I use dc to vga with mine so the scarts no use to me), i'll check tonight, if i do it's yours matey (y)
Oh, that'd be grand! Let me know will you?
Cheers
(y)

---------- Post added at 15:29 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

If I had a spare scart you would be welcome to it but I do have a load of keyboards for the DC. They are boxed originals, in very good condition if I remember rightly (theyre packed up in a box somwhere, I moved house recently).

You could have it for say £10 all inc? PM me if you are interested :)

I used to have all the official UK relaleased Sega accessories, including, the original Sega-produced fishing rod and the non UK released broadband adaptor. I love the DC but had to sell all the good extras I had for it due to a cash shortage :(

I have the KB and other bits - its just I don't know if any of it works. I'll keep this in mind depending on what happens.

Although, how do you test a keyboard on the DC? :blink:

Justin

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
i have found the cable, pm me your deets dude (y)

---------- Post added at 09:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 ----------

cable sent today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom