Right mouse click with ACA accelerator

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hi all, i have a strange problem. I have an a1200 here that is fitted with an aca1220. It boots fine into workbench but i cannot use the right mouse button. Left clicking works fine but right mouse does nothing and the problem persists even when booted from a workbench disk. The strange part is that i can hold down both mouse buttons when starting up and the early start menu comes up. If i remove the ACA then the right mouse button works fine. I am using a PS2 mouse adapter (made by kmtech) but have also tried a real amiga tank mouse and the problem is the same.

Any suggestions?

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
When booting, try holding just the left mouse button and see if you're going to early startup menu. That would suggest that the right mouse button is permanently in down state. I had the same issue with my A600. No accelerator though. Couldn't quite figure out what was the cause other than some kind of contact issue as pressing a certain place on the motherboard made the right button work. Is the accelerator warping the motherboard a bit?

Last edited:

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Have a look at steady's Web page and apply the timing fixes suggested for A1200's with ACA cards. It's a long shot but could be the issue.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Perhaps the psu isn't strong enough one the ACA is connected?

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
I put it down to my mouse adapter but the problem persists even when using a real Amiga tank mouse. I then thought it might be something in classicwb but again the problem persists when booting from a floppy disc. The power supply is a 200w pc power supply so should be plenty powerful enough.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I can send you another mouse to try if you like?

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Both the tank mouse and the pc mouse with adapter work fine in the 600 and on my cd32 buddy so i definately think its a problem with the amiga. As i said though the weird thing is that holding down both buttons when turning the amiga on boots into the early start menu with or without the aca connected however once booted from either the hdd into classicwb or from workbench floppy the right mouse button doesn't work but take out the ACA and the right button works both in classicwb and from floppy

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
Did you try booting with ACA attached and holding just the left mouse button to see if you're still going to early startup menu?

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hi Protek, holding just the left mouse when booting and it boots normally.

cpiace64

Country
Italy
Region
Piacenza
i have the same problem some time with some a1200 and some 1230, i suppose which is a library or a patch

boot from floppy worbench or game with aca for test

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hi Piacc, as already mentioned the problem remains even when booted from workbench floppy

cpiace64

Country
Italy
Region
Piacenza
i repair much amiga every day, next time i have this problem verify and reply

Top Bottom