Royal Fail

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
Few things bring my p:censored: to a boil (well actually allot of things but this especially), Royal Fail (Mail) bags it. I want to make clear that receiving goods hasn't been an issue, in-fact that service is generally pretty good other then the fact they ring your bell and wait for about 1 second then bugger off when your unlocking the door.
No, whats annoying me now more then ever is sending stuff overseas. First is the huge cost of sending anything that even has any sign of weight to it but even that's not my main issue.
My issue is just the sending of items overseas, all that happens is they are getting returned to me over and OVER and F%&£*$G OVER AGAIN!!! WHY!? I don't know what the hell is going on, at first I thought it was the fault of eBay users until I began to notice every item overseas has been returned to the buyer. Even today I got a return for a parcel that was going to go to Germany, worse still I forked out nearly £8 to get it tracked and the bloody thing didn't even leave our shores! :censored:
This has only just started since the start of the year and have been fine since before. I'm losing ALLOT of money trying to get these things re-sent to the buyer and/or refunding people because of them.

I want to make this clear so here goes:

I HATE ROYAL MAIL!!!

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

In-fact, heres a title they have earned, until I see their vans with this plastered on it, justice hasn't been served.

Edited just a tad by Merlin to remove a potentially offensive word, hidden amongst the full-on rantage.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
I have lost about £90 due to Royal Fail - failing at over-seas post.

although I have never had anything returned - just lost..... =(

and they fendangle about compensation ... ugh.... feckers...

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
I dunno wut you mean, Postman Pat did a great job a few (dozens of) years ago when I watched him every saturday evening... :dry:

tokyoracer

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
I have lost about £90 due to Royal Fail - failing at over-seas post.

although I have never had anything returned - just lost..... =(

and they fendangle about compensation ... ugh.... feckers...
Make sure you put a return address on the opposite side of the parcel. Otherwise, once it's out of your hands, that's it.

they do indeed "suck the large hairy one" m8
Your telling me... ¬_¬

I dunno wut you mean, Postman Pat did a great job a few (dozens of) years ago when I watched him every saturday evening... :dry:
He only did his job infront of the cameras.

This is usually the service i'd expect from Pat... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfuLFBQTo4U

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Here in Greece we use to write our address on the upper-left corner and the recipient's address on the bottom-right corner.

Also, don't worry about post offices. EVERYWHERE is the same unfortunately.:ninja:

Chinners

Country
England
Region
North Yorkshire
I have used Parcel2Go a few times to send large items overseas - they usually undercut DHL by quite a lot, even though they use DHL! (I think they buy the spare capacity of the couriers). Even UK to UK is cheaper for biggish stuff - I sent a 13kg package for £7 - door to door.

They certainly beat Royal Fail for large parcels.

I remember once, when buying some old Amstrad CPC tapes, my parcel got "Dropped" in the stream at the bottom of my garden. Even with photos, and a confession by the post man, all they would do is give me 12 stamps and said they cant be responsible for anything once a package leaves their hands.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
I do hope that you are finding this therapeutic, Tokyoracer.... sometimes it's healthy to let it all out.

Besides, it could have been worse, it could have been any of these instead....

Attachments

• parcelfarce.jpg
    parcelfarce.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 0
  • citylink.jpg
    citylink.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Oops.jpg
    Oops.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 0

tokyoracer

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
I have used Parcel2Go a few times to send large items overseas - they usually undercut DHL by quite a lot, even though they use DHL! (I think they buy the spare capacity of the couriers). Even UK to UK is cheaper for biggish stuff - I sent a 13kg package for £7 - door to door.

They certainly beat Royal Fail for large parcels.

I remember once, when buying some old Amstrad CPC tapes, my parcel got "Dropped" in the stream at the bottom of my garden. Even with photos, and a confession by the post man, all they would do is give me 12 stamps and said they cant be responsible for anything once a package leaves their hands.
I do the same for big stuff, I use InterParcel (www.interparcel.co.uk) but i'm not on about the heavy stuff, i'm mainly on about overseas postage, or the lack of in this case.

But I have to admit, that's pathetic how they gave you stamps. -_-
Sounds like White Arrow Express have returned from the dead.

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
I can also vouch for Interparcel. They delivered my A2000 and C= 1084 monitor to me. I never expected the 1084 to make it, but I'm pretty chuffed that it did :)

tokyoracer

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
I do hope that you are finding this therapeutic, Tokyoracer.... sometimes it's healthy to let it all out.

Besides, it could have been worse, it could have been any of these instead....
LOL! :LOL: That's hilarious, I have used UPS (OOPS) in the past without issues personally but not S####yLink yet. Parcel Farce, can't get truer then that. :roll:

[EDIT] Sorry for you having to edit my first post on the topic, I guess i'm pretty miffed about it all.

I can also vouch for Interparcel. They delivered my A2000 and C= 1084 monitor to me. I never expected the 1084 to make it, but I'm pretty chuffed that it did :)
I've had huge stuff sent thru InterParcel too, I was amazed as you are. Even when sellers skimp on packing they are usually well looked after.

Last edited:

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
That reminds me of the "British Gas Commando" training..... I was told that this is absolutely true.......:whistle:

"'Ere, George! The lady from No.23 has just gone out to her bin. You have about 30 seconds to put a 'Sorry - you weren't in when we called' card through the door, before she gets back! Go, go, go!!!"

Attachments

• Britsh Gas Commando.jpg
    Britsh Gas Commando.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 0

Firthy2002

DF0:NDOS
AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Never had issues sending stuff overseas with Royal Fail, but then I've never sent anything larger than a small package.
I've had issues with other things, most notably a couple of packages disappearing into the great beyond due to the f*****g strikes!

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
Perhaps we should have these?

lol!!!

Gonna print that one and stick it on my front door for the next time parcelfarce turn up :LOL:

Here's a couple more :D

Attachments

• lost_office.jpg
    lost_office.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 0
  • royalFail.jpg
    royalFail.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
It is rather annoying when Royal Fail or Parcel Farce live up to these foul names they appear to have gotten themselves.

Tbh, everything I send via these services have always landed safely, but in all honesty, parcel presentation has an awful lot to do with it. Presentation is made up of several factors though.

1) packing inside the box or post bag. - Not visual to the delivery service, but there is no squidge factor to the parcel for using adequate internal packing.

2) wrapping around the box. - Lets be fair, a box that has been re-used via any delivery service is gunno look as tatty as hell with all the permutations of brown tape, white tape & previous stickers all over it. So after securing the box with brown tape, use some nice Brown Wrapping paper to wrap the box. Do a pucker job of cutting the paper to give decent sized flaps to fold into triangles & then tape them down.

3) A clear Delivery address made up of:

NAME,
House Number & Street,
Town/City,
County,
Post Code.
Country.

It's also a good idea to include your name & address as the sender. I usually do it in the bottom right corner of the Address label & centered underneath these addresses in Big Bold Red Letters, "F r a g i l e - H A N D L E - W I T H - C A R E"

Maybe I've just been lucky with sending in the past but the above have always worked well for me. - Even for a carboard home-made crate
sending a boxed A1200 PPC Tower & boxed A600 to Italy from the UK.
See here for the whole thread & more pics with some heavy face-palm on the box making photo attempt..... :Doh: https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=2527

When posting items to buyers, the only other advice I could offer than the 3 indents above is this;

"If you were recieving the item yourself, how would you like to recieve your package?"

I hope you have better luck with all your future Royal Fail & Parcel Farce transactions, but don't forget, your parcel aesthetics are equally as important as the internal packaging. ;)

Kin

Top Bottom