Rude Ebay People

Marc

Country
UK
Region
Essex
A seller on ebay is selling an item that weighs 100-200grams tops. They have listed £20 for second class postage of the item.

I asked them this (after checking their other auctions which have much lower P+P prices):

"You have £20 listed for second class postage? An item of this weight should only cost about £7-8 special delivery. Was this a mistake?"

The reply I got?

"no this is not a mistake as its for POSTAGE AND PACKAGING, which includes me getting bus to post office to post item."

Some people :(

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Lol, thats an expensive bus trip.

I bought some SCSI adapters for Merlinkv and they were less the 100g and was charged £7 P&P which in light of the 4 first class stamps on the jiffy was a gross overcharge.

Problem is on epay people also try to recover paypal and seller charges through P&P which is why I'd rather do all trading here, although the dark side does have a few uses...

Steve.

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
I report people like that for charging excess p&p

It's funny watching them bow down to fleabay's demands lol

desiv

work in progress...
Country
USA
Region
Salem Oregon
"You have £20 listed for second class postage? An item of this weight should only cost about £7-8 special delivery. Was this a mistake?"

"no this is not a mistake as its for POSTAGE AND PACKAGING, which includes me getting bus to post office to post item."

Your bus rides are £12? (That would be £6 each way?) :eek:
Wow! Spendy transportation!!!

desiv

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Well, I had a bad experience also last year.

I won 6-7 CD32 games (I don't remember exactly how many), and of course, I had already asked the seller before if she (yes, she!) combines postage. She told me yes, so I started to bid on.

After I won 6-7 games for my Amiga CD32, she sent me the total invoice. Her charging costs? 19 GBP!!!

In my experience via UK sellers, for 6-7 CD32 games (jewels only, not boxes), 19 GBP was too much. I asked her, and I told her that, and she told me that she will charge me 16 GBP.

I said ok.

When I received the package, the postage was not more than 7 GBP!!!

When I tried to contact her about the obvious difference of the shipping costs, her reply was: "I just felt and wanted to charge you that amount, end of discussion." (something like that, I don't remember exactly the answer).

Anyway, I didn't open a case via eBay or PayPal (silly me, only a neutral feedback), but at the end, if you think of that I've won almost all games 0.99 GBP each one, then I must be happy at the end. :)

Marc

Country
UK
Region
Essex
It's bonkers. I usually charge postage + 10% (for scale discrepancies) + jiffy on eBay. Here I don't charge for scales or jiffy (usually recycle for amibayers) and swallow any excess.

I might however charge for my time wrapping the item, getting showered dressed etc + walking to post office from now on.

status

AmiBayer
Country
Heraklion
Region
Crete
A seller on ebay is selling an item that weighs 100-200grams tops. They have listed £20 for second class postage of the item.

I asked them this (after checking their other auctions which have much lower P+P prices):

The reply I got?

Some people :(

You are lucky he doesn't charge you the flashes on it's toilet bowl from the day the auction closed..

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
You need to report P+P overcharges on evilBay atonce since in their fairness, they relly are cracking down on this sort of thing.

Although really you should be able to judge an overcharge (especially on something you have an idea what mass it is) when you look at the P+P cost on the listing.

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
I saw something today where said items P+P was more then the cost to buy it new online posted. That also does not count the money they were asking for the actual item :)

And it has 3 bids.............

People are insane

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
I saw something today where said items P+P was more then the cost to buy it new online posted. That also does not count the money they were asking for the actual item :)

And it has 3 bids.............

People are insane

It may be that they are not "real" bids, if you inflate the postage cost you are also more likely to use a shill.

Brataccas

AmiBayer
Country
Swindon
Region
Wiltshire
All this on fleebay makes me laugh. I too report users i see blatantly taking the Michael on postage etc. Sometimes i just can`t help myself to send them a message asking if the item will be shipped on a `golden pallet` :)

Cheers,

Powerpie5000

Hardware Junkie™
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
Some buyers can aso be complete morons on ebay too. I posted out a couple of Sinclair microdrives and the buyer marked me down on p&p and left a comment saying p&p was expensive.... IT WAS FREE P&P!!...some people (n)

And of course you get dodgy scammers! I sent out a Goldstar 3DO and the package was signed for... 2 weeks later i got a message from the buyer saying he's not received it, so i sent him a copy of the name and signature. He then said "Oh, it must be in one of the boxes in the garage. silly me"!. Talk about trying to pull a fast one :butcher

Tomse

RISK is good
AmiBayer
Country
Denmark
Region
Copenhagen

Your bus rides are £12? (That would be £6 each way?) :eek:
Wow! Spendy transportation!!!

desiv

Not if you take a bus trip to your neighbor country or someplace else :LOL:

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
I've never actually charged the correct postage for any item on ebay.

Normally i'll look at other auctions and get the average price and then list mine for a similar price. Almost everytime i'm a little short of the actual postage cost and i never charge for the packaging materials or time.

After ebay and paypal have bent me over for the fees i just don't see the point of tring to ask someone to pay for the bubble wrap or jiffy bag.

Now i hardly ever use ebay for selling, just buying the occasional item.

Geraldine

Re-discovering Amigas after a bit of an absence!
Country
Scotland
Region
Renfrewshire
I was on flea bay tonight and nailed an A570.The bidding got a bit fierce in the last few minutes of the sale. I got my bid in with just 5 seconds to go and won! If the other bidder is on here all I have to say to them is :p

Powerpie5000

Hardware Junkie™
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
I was on flea bay tonight and nailed an A570.The bidding got a bit fierce in the last few minutes of the sale. I got my bid in with just 5 seconds to go and won! If the other bidder is on here all I have to say to them is :p

I had my eye on that one too... but i would probably never use it :roll:

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks

Hey me and Cosmicfrog saw that lol, congrats (y)

Top Bottom