Rules.

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I must honestly say, I am a little annoyed, I don't understand why people that place a WANTED ad, can accept a PM (offer) without a PUBLIC PRICE (offer) in the orginal thread.

Why is this allowed and what is the secret? What is the need for the PM ? Why not deal ON THE TABLE instead of unther the table.

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Well, I think that there should alway's be a price put down, even in WANTED threads.

Not just PM sent alikes..

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Keeping it private can prevent a bidding war. And as we are against auctions this helps prevent this.

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I think it can hide stuff like scalping or trading or create a business with goods bought on here at first place with a much higher margin.

easypreacher

Country
United Kingdom
Region
North Devon
Keeping it private can prevent a bidding war. And as we are against auctions this helps prevent this.

But surely if a thread is a wanted ad and several people have the item requested, their bidding to get the custom would result in prices for the item becoming lower. Preventing this is surely keeping prices artificially high which can only be bad for the community. Letting the market decide would be better because at some point the price the "wantee" is willing to pay will match up with how low the seller is prepared to go.

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Easpreachter: Yup exactly!

I think if you have something to offer you need to declare a price also in a Wanted thread. There should be no need to hide it, since people who offer should make there offer final FINAL untill it is rejected!! So it can prevent a bidding war is out of the questions, since the item should be RESERVED.

Buzzfuzz

Amiga tweaker
AmiBayer
Country
Netherlands
Region
Zuid Holland

I think it must be stated in the rules that wanted ads should also need a maximum price, clear right away what is the maximum.

But the other problem with this is, that people will go right away to that maximum, while with offers, there may be lower offers than your maximum.

Sellers don't want to be thiefs of their wallets but collectors are also not going to pay hugh prices for old and used hardware/software.
It's just how bad do you want it or need hard cash for the thing you are selling ;)

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
A wanted advert is just that - wanted.....no maximum price should be stated as it's for both the owner of the item and the potential buyer to come to an agreement in regards to it. Should they wish to keep such negotiations a secret, that is their right.

Also, it is not up to us to be able to see the price they eventually agree on because it could be used later on as a 'but one sold like this for X amount' should a simillar item become available through another wanted advert.

People aren't stupid and they will reject a price if too high anyway - so in essence, there's not much point to continuing this thread.

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I am still not conviced, since I can't make up a difference in a for sale or a wanted thread that prices must be shown.

Anyhow no harmed feelings to the one who closes it.

since it is getting nowhere.

Top Bottom