SBlaster Audigy & Audigy 2 on Mediator

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Hi

Recently I bought one Mediator 4000D and I have the latest Update 2.0a from Elbox.

PciInfo recognizes the boards fine, model, version,....... Mixer also starts without troubles. Audigy boards are compatible with the old SB 128. So I try using the SB128 drivers from Elbox, but no sound. (My old Forte Media FM801 works 100%)

Now I´m using OS 3.9 BB3 and I´m planning to start a dual boot project OS 3.9 & OS 4.0.

Any idea about working drivers or configuration?

Please :help:

Thanks

keropi

VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina
Does mediator have EMU10K1 drivers? that's what you need.... but even if you get them working, 99% of audigy1/2 features are not supported, you just get a wave device with some inputs and a mixer. No dsp, no sound fx, no midi... It might be a better idea to get a SB128/FM801 card...

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
@keropi

Hi, I´m using now my old Forte Media FM801. Quality is not bad but don´t have any possibilities.

Bad news about Audigy boards.

Really I´m looking for a HQ sound board but no way.

Best for my project are Concierto Module of Picasso IV, Delfina Flipper, or any Z2/Z3 sound boards. But as I said.... they are hard to find.

Thanks in anyway

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 ----------

Hi again

Another question about sound boards (maybe I need to open other thread?)....

Anyone knows about compatible USB sound boards for DENEB?

Thanks

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Doing some research, I found the SoundBlaster X-Fi will work on Deneb.

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
@rkauer

Whoooo! X-Fi USB works? Also DSP, Fx, in/out, ......?

Great news!!!!! I have one!!!!

Time to test this evening.......

Last edited:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Don't know how much of the card works, all I saw USB cards are very CPU intensive, so if your Amiga don't have a 060 CPU with lumps of RAM you'll not have a good experience.

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
@rkauer

Well... I tested my SB X-Fi Surround 5.1 USB.

After configuring AHI 6.0, X-Fi works but only to play like my old FM801 (maybe more clarity) and AHI don't use the HW MPEG decoder of the X-Fi.

Because DENEB don't works on my system with WHDLoad games (I have a modified WHDLoad prefs to automatic disable/enable the DENEB when a game start). So I needed to make a cable to mix signal from the mobo (paula) & X-Fi (AHI). Cable is: two outputs => one input to my monitor speakers.

The end...... I reinstalled my FM801 :cool:

Tested on A4000D, CS MKII 060/50, 144MB Fast

Top Bottom