SCSI CD-ROM on Amiga 2000 k.1.3

pietro_tiberi

Country
Rome - Italy
Region
Lazio
Hi,

I've got an A2000 kick 1.3 including a GVP Impact HC8+ scsi controller.

I'd like to connect a scsi CD-rom i have...is it possible under k.1.3?

if yes can you please give me some indications?

thanks

pietro

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
I would imagine so. You'd need to get some CD filesystem files, probably from Aminet, and you'd have to mount things the Workbench 1 way (DEVS/Mountlist, I think) but it ought to be possible.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/AutoMounterAn auto-mounter program plus CacheCDFS (built-in on IDEFix97) or AsimCDFS is perfect.

Of course, just AsimCDFS/CacheCDFS will do, but you need to create a mount-list for the CD unit and call it from startup-sequence or user-startup (prefer the first).

ChrisUnionNJ

We Will Never Forget..
Country
USA
Region
Union,NJ
Did you try the GVP software it might work good for a 1.3 Kickstart since I think that's what it boots into off of the floppy..
What Workbench are you using?

Chris :coffee:

Last edited:

dr.zeissler

Country
Germany
Region
Hessen
sorry, but "automout" is KS2.x and if KS 1.3 is installed it's obvious that WB 1.3 is used.
I am using my scsi-zipdrive with my GVP HC8+ and it's working, but I can't figure out how to get a SCSI cdrom working in/with WB1.3.

Doc

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
sorry, but "automout" is KS2.x and if KS 1.3 is installed it's obvious that WB 1.3 is used.
I am using my scsi-zipdrive with my GVP HC8+ and it's working, but I can't figure out how to get a SCSI cdrom working in/with WB1.3.

Doc
Sounds silly but just install IDEFIx97 ;)

Top Bottom