rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
You have a SCSI controller in your A1200 (Squirrel, Blizzard SCSI kit, DataFlyer)?

If not, then I think you need an IDE device.

gavilan

Amiga user & abuser since 1988
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires
Hi, if you dont have an agreement with Tabuhuso, i also have same Plextor scsi 50 pin CD Roms.

You can have one just paying shipping (around 20/25 euros i guess)

But, im second on line so go ahead and try to make it up with Tabuhuso (y)

gavilan

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires
Please some of the hardware gurus here, correct me if im wrong, but i take that SCSI CD rom drives use same voltage as IDE ones...

Or ar you looking for an external one???? Because its easy to fit one internal if you get a scsi case (labeled like 5´14 drives bay or similar)

Are you after one for some kind of special project??

Mines is "normal" scsi cd rom drive, 50 pin...uses the same plug as the ide ones (PSU)...

If you need more info..please ask me...or hope that some of the gurus here could give more light on this issue

(y)

Sebastian

bazzaq

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for Breakfast
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Liverpool
So to clarify, you need an external scsi cdrom in enclosure with a cable to 25pin scsi??? Is the blizzard scsi kit 25d or 50hd?

gavilan

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires
I think you vcan use any scsi cd rom and put it in an enclosure...my bet is that it will cost you less...

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Just to confirm, all SCSI drives use 12v molex connectors, as do eIDE devices. ;)

So long as you could source an external SCSI box, any SCSI ROM would do. From your Blizzard DB25 port, hook up with a 25 way to 50 way Centronics. More than adequate. (y)

Kin

gavilan

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires
Just to confirm, all SCSI drives use 12v molex connectors, as do eIDE devices. ;) Kin

Thats EXACTLY what i wanted to tell him...in 3 posts and i couldnt make my point...shame on me...should consider taking english lessons again!!!! (y)

There is no "Amiga specific" or "Amiga only" scsi drives...just grab any scsi drive, and there you goooooooo (y)

PS: Kin rules :D:D:D:D

arcadeguru

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
Leighton Buzzard
Thanks for all the info I appreciate it (y)

Sebastian - Thanks for the offer and help. Will let you know in the next few days (going to check for external case first)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
@Kin,

No real hijack, what I don't understand how the external switch connector to select the scsi id get's it done (WORKING) with different internal parts...

I only know scsi from servers, they have all the same scsi disks by product number, different brand from time to time. Are the scsi jumper blocks on the HD all the same then??

Don't understand at all..

Thanks

Amigarobbo

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Country
Widnes, UK
Region
Cheshire
I'm also looking for an external SCSI CD drive to attach to my my Blizzard 1260 SCSI module.

(Sorry is it polite to bump a thread like this? Or Should I have started a new one? :oops:)

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
You need to create your own thread. Asking for goods in another user's thread will mess with their thread and also you'll not be able to leave feedback to the seller.

Worst: you are not protected by moderation.

gavilan

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires
@Kin,

No real hijack, what I don't understand how the external switch connector to select the scsi id get's it done (WORKING) with different internal parts...

I only know scsi from servers, they have all the same scsi disks by product number, different brand from time to time. Are the scsi jumper blocks on the HD all the same then??

Don't understand at all..

Thanks

My friend, the key to this mistery are the so called...JUMPERS, as you said correctly (y) (the same as when you choose, for example, master/slave on any IDe HDD)

I guess your question was on this direction. Using the jumpers, you can config up to 15 scsi units (doesnt matter if they are internal or external), as long as the first and last devices of the "chain" are "terminated" (either by using a terminator and/or a jumper) and/or if the scsi device (like the scs add on for the Blizzard its itself terminated). Usually, the scsi id of the scsi card would be 7. In my case, i used to have a scsi HDD and scsi CD Rom in my Amiga. The CD Rom was in a case, so it was using number or 9 in the chain, and the HDD was set to use number 0 or 1... You can always choos between the numbers, and you have to put different numbers for each device, or the devices wont work properly, or you will have all kind of "mistakes" (like hdd showing errors or cd roms not reading) and/or "eternal loops", where your scsi card will be looking for all scsi devices, and will take a loooong time to recognize each and all of them (at least my humble experience)

Hope to be as clear as possible and to be helpful
believe me, back in the goold days ALL my Amiga was "scsi" only, and i had to deal wit ha lot of mess until i finally got everything (I had 3 scsi hdd, 2 cdrw, 1 zip and 1 jaz drives all togheter in the same machinesing my scsi controller. That was a beast!!! At least in that day!!!! (y)

Sebastian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom