tiim

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
USA
Region
New Hampshire
Hello,

I have a working SD card and proper SCSI2SD configuration. It boots, it all works.

However, I remember making a different SD card a long time back. It might have has a different SCSI2SD configuration. (using the USB cable and utility) The "other" card boots but there are bad blocks galore.

Do I have to upload configs to the SCSI2SD device itself, to match each different SD card, if the cards are swapped?

Thanks

Boing-ball

Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
Hello,

I have a working SD card and proper SCSI2SD configuration. It boots, it all works.

However, I remember making a different SD card a long time back. It might have has a different SCSI2SD configuration. (using the USB cable and utility) The "other" card boots but there are bad blocks galore.

Do I have to upload configs to the SCSI2SD device itself, to match each different SD card, if the cards are swapped?

Thanks
Hi,

In my experience. Yes you have to load defaults on the PC ScSI2SD utility and then save to the SCSI2SD on new SD cards. Don’t forget that different brands of cards may need different settings.

Remember that something like a 64GB card is not 64GB. Therefore you will need to set this up as 60GB, or as you have discovered you can get bad blocks.

Top Bottom