ScummVM on AGA 68K Amigas

Jumping Anaconda

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Hertfordshire
I very much appreciate the efforts of the ScummVM development team, but it is a little frustrating that there is no current version compiled for 68K Amigas when there is one for 020 Ataris running FreeMINT. Is there anybody about with the skill to attempt a proper port/compile? I had tried the old AGA 68k version and got precisely nothing to work.

I always thought the Amiga implementations of the original Scumm system were very weak, in spite of the brilliant games they drove. The iMuse system never seemed to work very well on the Amiga. It would have been nice to have the option to use a midi out for the music, and more effective memory usage. The way it scaled graphics seemed particularly slow and inefficient. While I can see converting to the Amiga took a look more work after the switch to VGA on the PC side, they should have done a bit more work to actually take advantage of the strong points of the machine, rather than just rushing a rather slapdash interpreter based on the PC code.

If they had done that then maybe they might have been more inclined towards issuing AGA and CD versions of their releases.

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------

Hmm, found this port:

http://freenet-homepage.de/uweryssel/scumm_en.html

But it requires an FPU. That means my Blizzard 1230 goes out and my MagnumRAM8 goes in :)

AmigaNut08

AmiBayer
Country
Australia
Region
Victoria
ScummVM

ScummVM

Hi all. Has anyone tested this emulator on an AGA Amiga yet. My Apollo 040 would be fast enough right?

Cheers

ramborolf

Custom User Title
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Asdal
Im not sure if this was the version of scummVm i used. But on a 1200 060@66mhz
the bottleneck was harddiskloading running MonkeyIsland3...

i recon older Lucasarts games will work with no problem...

Last edited:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
^^^^^

I bet you would see better from a SCSI II Drive. ;)

Kin

Top Bottom