SD/FF...has anyone seen this one??

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
Ahh, this old chestnut. This has been suggested before. I think the answer is "Yes, it'll work, but it's not quite as good as the Indivision, or another dedicated Amiga SD/FF solution"

Arnljot is our unofficial Amibay secretary, he may be able to turf up the previous discussions that have been had about this particular unit. :)

P.S. Welcome to Amibay!

halkx

Country
Greece
Region
Rethimno,Crete
Thank you for your reply...sodo you think I should buy one of these or wait for when/if the indivision becomes available again??

I use the ladies for mostly gaming and web surfing if this helps...

Michael

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
I'd wait for the full info on this box before you buy. I'll have a look myself and see if I can turf up the previous discussions on it.

It'd also be handy to know what monitor you'll be using with your Amigas, this may have some influence on what SD/FF solutions are best for you.

Tomse

RISK is good
AmiBayer
Country
Denmark
Region
Copenhagen
Vesalia had recently 7 indivisions for sale, I managed to get hold of one, and the rest is gone :-(

I can say as much that according to individual computers, there will be a new production of the indivision aga for A1200 in the late of summer I have it on a mail somewhere.

if you have the patience to see the outcome, I'd suggest that you do that.

and welcome to the forums :)

halkx

Country
Greece
Region
Rethimno,Crete
Vesalia had recently 7 indivisions for sale, I managed to get hold of one, and the rest is gone :-(

I can say as much that according to individual computers, there will be a new production of the indivision aga for A1200 in the late of summer I have it on a mail somewhere.

if you have the patience to see the outcome, I'd suggest that you do that.

and welcome to the forums :)

Thanks...maybe I will wait and trust my good ol' 1084 for the time being...

It'd also be handy to know what monitor you'll be using with your Amigas, this may have some influence on what SD/FF solutions are best for you.

well, I was hoping for a 17 or 19in tft whih are pretty cheap these days...

TheRogue

Hey Hey! Ho Ho! 100110!
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Vancouver, British Columbia

netagra

Country
Greece
Region
Athens
I have one of those and it works pretty well actually. It is great with my X68000 but I actually have a better solution for you. Once this badboy is back in stock it works great and I recommend it hugely!

http://www.jammaboards.com/store/cg...3ff68f529742=90b328dca2722ac920aeeafa602b3927

Not as good as an internal scandoubler, but the best external you can get.

This looks interesting...
Especially when it comes to it's price ($40).
Could we have some screenshots?
Did you use a specific RGB to VGA connector adapter?

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Thank you for your reply...sodo you think I should buy one of these or wait for when/if the indivision becomes available again??

I use the ladies for mostly gaming and web surfing if this helps...

Michael

Under gaming, I understand you can still get banding on certain games.

So, no. Stay away from it. - It is not indicative of a true FF/SD experience or acceptable solution for the Amiga.

Look on Wiki for CGA, VGA & SVGA. CGA is only 4 bit & 16 colours. ;)

Kin

Top Bottom