Sending (good) old C16 back to the UK

guybrush

Country
Germany
Region
Saarland
Hello, by chance I came across a C16 with GB layout. (At least I assume so, because there is an extra button with the "£" ;-) ) So I think the greatest interest should be in GB. I can ship it with DHL. But how will it be cleared through customs? And what does it cost extra?

Watson

Forth Year Navvie
Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Nottingham
Shipping costs will ultimately depend on the shipping service and courier used. As for Customs, there should be no charges involved if you choose the correct shipping code.

guybrush

Country
Germany
Region
Saarland
The pure shipping costs are easy to find (15,49€. C16 should not be weight over 2kg) . But not the customs duties :( What do you mean by "shipping code"?

Watson

Forth Year Navvie
Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Nottingham
The pure shipping costs are easy to find (15,49€. C16 should not be weight over 2kg) . But not the customs duties :( What do you mean by "shipping code"?
HS Codes, also known as Tariff Codes or Commodity Codes, are used to identify the item you’re sending so the customs authority in the receiving country can charge the correct customs fees and taxes.

The codes are usually available / active with the courier at the time of arranging shipping. I am not sure if there's a genereal online data base with all commonly used codes.

Edit: A quick google search revealed the following info:

Last edited:

miggymad

Retired
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Central

HS Code, Customs Tariff Number - European Database

Link

Chapter 95 is where you'll find the correct code for the C16 ... Highlighted with a blue background in the list.

Top Bottom