Sensi / Kick off tournament in Scotland

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Ok - posting a new event link on Amiga.org and a poll but please reply here too as not everyone is on both sites.

I'm trying to guage interest in an Amiga Sensi Soccer event / tournament / get together in Scotland (beer would be mandatory of course lol (y))

I would be happy to arrange it (and may even try and enlist AndyC to help).

Who's up for it?

John

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
:roll: Nice one Andy - let's hope we get enough interest (y)

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
I would like to participate, but Scotland it's too far for me atm, and I'm afraid of the great Loch Ness monster. :p

Loch%20Ness%281%29.jpg

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Hmmm - should maybe have added Greece to the list and got a wee holiday out of it too :whistle:

Hehe

AndyC

AmiBayer
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Fife
Afternoon...

It's been a while, but do you think there's enough scope to arrange this?

Actually, on hindsight an international Sensi tournament in Crete at Phantom's hotel would be absolute genius! Albeit impossible to get permission from Mrs C for trip I imagine!

AndyC

Templar

VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Hahaha... that would be superb! A lot of beer and many goals...(y)

Jon Hare

Country
Hamburg
Region
Germany
I don't know if you guys knew that there is an official SWOS WorldCup every year...

If you want to gauge interest feel free to register in our forum and start a thread :)

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Hi Andy, yeah a tourny in Crete would be fab but let's look over the Sensi World cup that Jon Hare mentioned as that might be awesome! Going to look now... Don't think there is enough interest to have one in Bonnie Scotland...

AndyC

AmiBayer
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Fife
I've had a look online - is it the xbox360 version that we're talking about?

I'd rather it was the authentic experience - don't think it's the same on a joypad!

Templar

VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
I've had a look online - is it the xbox360 version that we're talking about?

I'd rather it was the authentic experience - don't think it's the same on a joypad!

+ 1000 :p

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
I don't know if you guys knew that there is an official SWOS WorldCup every year...

If you want to gauge interest feel free to register in our forum and start a thread :)

Hi Jon, can I take it from your user name that you are Jon Hare of Codemasters / Sensible Software fame then :)

I agree with Andy - although the Xbox 360 version is lovely - the biggest drawback is the lack of the digital joystick. For me Sensi NEEDS to be played with a joystick (my tool of choice was always the Comp Pro 5000 and I still have a few and a a couple for the PC for retro gaming).

If there was a digital joystick like the comp available for the Xbox I would have payed a lot for it JUST to play Sensi on the Xbox but hey ho I still have my A4000 for that so no worries there :)

Cheers

John

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

Check this out as it might be interesting although played through WINUAE it's maybe worth thinking about as we could maybe have an Amibay or Amiga.org only tourny??? Anyhoo - check it out http://www.sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=online_amiga_tabellen&lid=186

Would still prefer to play it on the real machine though with a bunch of good folks in a room and flowing beer and banter :)

Hehe

John

Top Bottom