Setting up wireless network on an A600HD

the-topdog

Country
USA
Region
WA
Ultra newbie here. Longtime lurker first time poster.

I have an Amiga A600HD with an IDE CF drive. I purchased a PCMCIA wireless adapter kit from AmigaKit but the drivers and browser software came on CD. I do not have a CD drive for my A600 and do not know how to transfer files between my PC and my A600 so I requested the software on floppy disks. When I try decompressing the disks with LHZ it only goes so far before it throws an error stating the archive is corrupt.

So what would be the easiest way of setting up the network adapter for me? Is there a simple way to transfer files from my PC or should I get a CD drive that will work with my A600?

If it is the first solution, what is the simplest way.

If the second... does anyone have a CD drive that would work on my A600 that they would like to sell? I am in the USA.

I would just like to thank people in advance for any assistance they can provide me.

LTAC

AmiBayer
Country
FRANCE
Region
South of PARIS

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
If you just want to transfer files, the quickest and most simple option is a PCMCIA CF Card Reader and CF Card.

Its very useful to have a CD rom though for the wealth of CD Content out there, but for practicality of quick file trasfer I suggest a PCMCIA CF reader/CF Card.

You'll need some drivers, I'm pretty sure there is a CF-Tools archive posted in a recent thread.

Steve.

Top Bottom