Not open for further replies.

subcon959

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Wigan
I don't get to use my Xbox 360 much these days so I'm selling off a few related bits and pieces. Here we have a mint Toshiba-Samsung SATA DVD-ROM that has been flashed with KREON firmware to allow backup of original Xbox 360 discs.

It's been a long time since I was into this stuff so to be honest I can't remember much about it. I do know it's working 100% as I use it frequently for playing DVDs and ripping CDs since it's nice and quiet. I believe the relevant software for 360 backups is freely available on the net, and if you're looking at this sale then you probably already know about these drives anyway.

I'm after £20 for it. Postage will be £4 UK, £6 Europe, £9 World.

jrpop5.jpg

b8k9hz.jpg

21meptg.jpg

Justin

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
hi,
so this is a drive with firmware to be used on a PC to create backups of Xbox 360 originals?
if so, the 360 doesn't support backup roms without mods, and if you have mods doesn't this lead to a high risk of being banned from xbox live?

i'm just asking btw, so please don't take any offence

cheers, JuvUK

keropi

VIP
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina
This drive along with specific software allows you to correctly and easily backup a XBOX/XBOX360 disc. Later the systems must be modded/flashed to actually be able to use the backup disc. Sooner or later all modified machines do get banned from live! though.

subcon959

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Wigan
Thanks keropi

so this is a drive with firmware to be used on a PC to create backups of Xbox 360 originals?
Precisely. Your PC will be able to read Xbox 360 discs. Then using appropriate software the backups can be created and verified to be correct. A soft-modded 360 will play them fine.

About the banning stuff. I have only ever used this drive to make backups of my originals to play offline. I've been doing it for a few years and my 360 has never been banned. I regularly went on Live but never with the backups. Take from that what you will. I do know a fair few people who use the backups to play on Live that aren't banned either, but it's always a risk I suppose.

Personally, I think the bannings are to do with the pirate copies of games that people download.

keropi

VIP
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina
you can get banned from live! even if you never play a backup online. Altered consoles are just detected... happened to me.

subcon959

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Wigan
Ah, that sucks keropi.

Like I said, it's been a while since I was into this stuff so I guess the stealth firmwares aren't so stealthy anymore!

I still think it's handy to be able to have backups of those expensive games though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom