Shameless AmigaKit plug- New A1200 Acclerators

quarkx

insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,
Ok, so if you have been living under a rock, here is the scoop. As of this morning AmigaKit is taking pre- orders for the new A1200 030/28 Accelerators form individual computers. It is an incredible price for an A1200 board with 64 megs of ram.
We must all bow down to Jens for this early Christmas gift. I just wish I had some cash..

ugh

Country
Germany
Region
SH
Please help a Newb: I've just got my very first Amiga (stock 1200 with harddrive) yesterday but I'm not able to play around with WHDload becaus of the stock ram.

Should I buy this or should I go for a Blizzard card?

Your advise is appreciated :)

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Hi Ugh, you just need more RAM to use WHDLoad. 4mb is pretty much all you need but of course you can get an accelerator that has RAM on board like this one or one of the older established boards. Either way the RAM is the important thing for WHDLoad :)

Cheers

John

quarkx

insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,
Please help a Newb: I've just got my very first Amiga (stock 1200 with harddrive) yesterday but I'm not able to play around with WHDload becaus of the stock ram.

Should I buy this or should I go for a Blizzard card?

Your advise is appreciated :)

Well, If it were up to me, the odds of finding a Blizzard card for the same price as this is probably slim to none. This also has 64 megs of ram so for running WHDload, (the Ram for a Blizzard is hard to come by at the best of times) this card is overkill. Remember this is a NEW card, any Blizzard will be 20 plus years old and this card is well under 100 pounds, so for myself it would be a no brainier. This card will fit just nicely in a "Stock" case, the Blizzard might have to run with the trap door open. On the other hand, the blizzard has a MMU, and is much faster than 28 Mhz, so it comes down to price and avalibility on my end anyway.

ugh

Country
Germany
Region
SH
Thanks for the quick reply. So what would be the best way for me to get more RAM? I've read about RAM via PCMCIA, but I want to this slot to be empty for a NIC.

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

On the other hand, the blizzard has a MMU, and is much faster than 28 Mhz, so it comes down to price and avalibility on my end anyway.

Thanks for your reply! I think the speed advantage is negligible (perhaps I'm wrong there...) for just playing games. I'll give this card a try.

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
If its purely for playing games a trapdoor memory expansion is all you need and then you can get yourself a wireless NIC from somewhere (amigakit have them also for around £40). The speed is quite a lot faster than the standard A1200 (not just twice the Mhz - but a better processor as well) and is important for doing stuff on Workbench and if you were going to run WB3.9 but not an issue for gaming.

TBH though - this accelerator is not that much more expensive than a trap door expansion and will be newer of course. I've just pre-ordered one and I don't even have an A1200 any more lol!

Cheers

John

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
don't forget these are only 030/28 how come these are not 030/50?

Cheers

There is a 56mmhz version in the pipeline, maybe after XMAS.

This 030/28 is the budget/entry level card.

HonestFlames

Country
England
Region
Shropshire
The new AmigaKit accel has a lot going for it. SDRAM being used, for a start. Zero waitstates = nice speed boost.

The 56MHz version flies past the Blizzards.

No MMU and no FPU because it would have meant a slower card. Most people don't need an MMU or FPU.

DonAmiga

AmiBayer
Country
Scotland
Region
Midlothian
It's Great to see new stock being made, (y) I'll wait to see 56mhz if its faster than my blizzard mkIV may get one. It's a good A600 accelerator I could do with. Hopefully AmigaKit will be taking orders for them soon :D

As I said Great News

quarkx

insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,
The A600 Accelerator (ACA 630) will be out right away also, before Christmas anyway. Its a little more expensive that the A1200. But here in Canada, where the A600 is scarce, any accelerator is even more scarce. This will bring the A600 owners a whole lot of Joy.

Dag

Country
Norway
Region
Vestfold, Southwest of Oslo
Anyone know if the PCMCIA card is possible to use with this card ?
Any conflict ? I would suppose not though ?:bowdown:

www_amigakit_com

AmiBayer
Banned
Country
Great Britain
Region
Cardiff
Sorry! We forgot to add PCMCIA Friendly to the AmigaKit webstore description of the new ACA 1230/28 accelerator

This is now added to product description- hope this clarifies any queries about this. Any other questions you have please let us know.

Top Bottom