Sharon in Hospital :(

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands
A few hours ago my wife Sharon went a walk up the village to the shops.
in a side street she saw an accident happen where a car reversed out into an oncoming car causing it to crash. The old man in the 2nd car was trapped.
Sharon went to see if she could help and as she was at the rear passenger side of the car the 1st car pulled forward then reversed again into the car from the damage on the car it was a large impac... anyway this shunted the 2nd car onto Sharons legs trapping her under the rear wheel against the kurb. some passer by lifted the car to free her.
To my knowledge so far she has broken her tibia and fibia on her right leg just above the ankle - it was her foot was about 5 inches out of line with her leg.

I managed not to throttle the :censored: driver of the second car and the police are investigating, Sharon has now been took to Burton Hospital where I will get to see her later after I have sorted my kids out from school etc.

I don't know wether to cry or hit something :evil:
Gary

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Re: Sharon in Hospital :(

man i am sorry to hear that, give her our best. Some people just shouldn't be on the road, and i am a supporter of have to re-sit your test every 3-5 years.

all the best bud, Justin

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

Ouch!!

Please wish Sharon our best wishes from everyone on here. As there were injuries, I presume that the Police were involved and that the driver will be dealt with in an appropriate way.

From the way that you describe the accident, it seems that the driver was either inexperienced or possibly an older driver, but I am just reading between the lines and speculating - as a safety manager, I naturally go into 'accident investigation mode' with these incidents.

I wish Sharon a speedy recovery from her injuries.

:grouphug:

Merlin

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

So sorry to here about this.

I would also like to wish Sharon well and hope she can make a full recovery quickly.

It is horrible to think that she was going to the scene of an accident to see if everyone was OK and to help, and then ended up becoming badly injured herself. She will definitely be entitled to damages, either from the driver's insurance (if they were insured), or by directly suing the driver using one of those injury lawyer companies. Additional compensation should also be claimed as you have children and this has caused difficulties with their care, plus any lose of income to both yourself and your wife.

You definitely need to make the driver pay. Legal proceedings against them might also be wise to get them banned and fined for the incident as it comes under undue care and attention whilst driving. They may lose their license or need to resit their test, but at the lease will face a fine and be ordered to pay damages.

My first thoughts are to wonder why the driver was even attempting to move their car. After an accident like this you should not move any vehicle until the Police have assessed the situation and accident scene. And it must have been some impact to shift the car enough to pull her under, indicated the driver of the other car might have been attempting to get away from the accident.

keropi

VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina

damn!!! may the "evil" stop there as we say here.... wishing for a swift recovery! :grouphug:

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

Terrible news :-(

I do hope she comes away from it without any permanent damage to her legs.

Best wishes from my family and I.

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs

@ING

Pass my best wishes on to Sharon for a speedy recovery and give her a special :grouphug: from us all.

Dave G 8)

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands

I have calmed down a little now, I suppose I was/am in shock too, I was on automatic pilot at the scene but now am sat here waiting for kids to come home. I have a bag packed for her.
My brother works at the hospital and has gone roound to see her, she was having xrays at the time and has had a couple of morphine injections. Early to say yet but it is looking like she may need surgery to pin her broken bones but we will see.

Thank you so much for your kind words and I will pass them on to her later.

Gary

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands

Update, I have spoken to her and she is now free from most of the pain she was in :)

As we thought she has clean breaks on both her Tibia and Fibia and the doctor has said that they may operate later this evening or tommorrow to put pins in.

Gary

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Gary....

Despite wishing you both well on the phone about this, mutal feelings in writing.... :grouphug:

What an absolute dire thing to experience & I hope the police follow up too. Perhaps there might have been some Road Rage in the mix, via the dick doing the reversing? - Keep us all posted m8y, please.

Best wishes to Sharron,

Charlie & Debbie xx

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

I wish her a speedy recovery. :(

Take care,

Heather

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk

:evil:

no fair!

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham

Best Wishes to Gary & Sharon and wish her a speedy recovery from the scrappy household.

:grouphug:

woodycool

Amiga enthusiast!
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK

Crikey!
That's some serious bad :censored: mate.
I hope Sharon makes a quick recovery.
How's you & your family? Hope you're all keeping ok.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

Best wishes to you and yours, mate. Take a deep breath and then think in sue that stupid driver's :censored:.

My prayers will be with you.

gazcbm

10 PRINT "8 Bit Hero"
Country
UK
Region
Manchester, UK

Sorry to hear that ING. I really hope Sharon has a speedy recovery.

Were all drivers insured/sober etc?

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands

I have been with my son to see Sharon in hospital and she is doing fine. I have passed on all your good wishes to her.

The old man she was trying to help also visited her in hospital this evening it was the only way his granddaughter could get him into the hospital for a checkup. He has been beside himself with worry about Sharon.

Gary

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire

I'm glad that she is being well taken care of buddy and sorry to hear about the accident. :(
You look after yourself and the boys and get a nice bottle of something in for her homecoming. After a spell in hospital and that little incident I'm sure a little "sharpener" will be well received.

Firthy2002

DF0:NDOS
AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Leeds, West Yorkshire

That's terrible! I hope the driver of the car that caused it gets what's coming to them!

Hope Sharon's recovery is a speedy one!

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands

Sharon came out of a 3 hour operation at around 6pm. she has had a pin fitted. She is fine and will start physio and be fitted with crutches tomorrow.

There has been further clarification to the events..
where a car reversed out into an oncoming car causing it to crash
Sharon has gone over what happened with me and the above is not exactly what happened - the 85 year old man had parked up and was at the passenger door putting his disabled badge on view when the first impact happened - this launched the front of the car over the curb on to a raised garden trapping the old man with the passenger door against the side af a building, the other car pulled forward back into the turn off. Sharon went to assist and whilst near the rear of the car, opening her phone to call the emergency services when the the second impact knocked the back of the car up onto Sharon trapping her leg beneath the wheel against the kirb - passers by including the old man lifted the car of her leg, dropping it once but then clearing her.

The more I hear and piece together what happened the more it looks like the other bloke had lost it :nuts:
He never got out his car once to see help :twisted:

Thank you again for your kind words and prayers for Sharon I have passed them on but she will also read this when she is home.

Gary :grouphug:

Top Bottom