Shipping to Brazil

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
Hey guys

I hope this isnt against any rules. Been asked a couple of times about shipping from the UK to Brazil, the prices I am getting back from Parcel2go and Royal Mail seem kind off silly, does anyone know or has used a service from someone where the postage wasnt a killer?

Thanks for any help

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hey guys

I hope this isnt against any rules. Been asked a couple of times about shipping from the UK to Brazil, the prices I am getting back from Parcel2go and Royal Mail seem kind off silly, does anyone know or has used a service from someone where the postage wasnt a killer?

Thanks for any help

If the package is over 2gk then prices will be silly anywhere outside Europe.

If possible split the parcel, I am sending an Atari 65XE to Brazil its about 3.5kg with PSU, so have taken out the Keyboard and that goes in with the PSU/Games and the Chassis is just under 2gk packed, each parcel will cost about £12-14 at the post office by surface mail and about £17 Airmail.

Couriers, I bet you had quotes around £70

Steve.

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
Exactly what Fitz says.
I've only done this once by sending an a600 to Gavilian in Argentina and the only way to get a reasonable shipping cost was to strip the unit down and seperate it into 2 boxes under 2Kgs each. That way the shipping came to about £16 each via surface mail.
It's obviously a bit of a risk though, but TBH it's been the only way we seem to be able to ship to S. America.

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
Hey

Nice one guys, I will remember the under 2kg rule. I had a rubber keyed speccy, can't remember the exact weight now, P2go wanted £130 and Royal Mail wanted £80. Thought that was a bit crazy.

Thanks for the info guys

Top Bottom