Shipping to Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Can someone give me some advice on shipping to Italy from the UK.

I am going to be posting an A1200 that I've been setting up for a friend in Italy. Also to be included in the package are 2 USB external HDDs which I've copied some "software" into them for him.

He says the customs in Italy are quite strict and will get suspicious if the open the package and find the external HDDs and will then wonder what they contain. Is this true?

The A1200 was a new old stock one purchased from Amigakit, so he would ideally like insured postage to cover that price, along with covering the external 1TB Lacie HDDs.

So my question really is has anyone experience shipping to Italy and is there anything I need to know? What should I do about the insurance, and what should be declared on the green international shipping sticker? Is it something he should be worrying about, or should it be fine?

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
i've never had any trouble getting things from Italy, they are usually very relaxed, 1st of all they may be interested in the HDD's but not likely and if they do plug them in what will they see? a boat load of ADFs? they just plain won't care bud (y)

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Well, it is going to Italy, rather than from Italy, which is what he is worried about. He is also worried about import duty. But if I declare it as a Christmas Gift wouldn't that be OK?

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Well, it is going to Italy, rather than from Italy, which is what he is worried about. He is also worried about import duty. But if I declare it as a Christmas Gift wouldn't that be OK?

they are REALLY tight about import duty, if they decide that duty is to be paid there is no discussing with them, you just pay the duty due (Gift or not)

Customs is always luck of the draw, if your parcel is picked then that's that i'm afraid bud.

Are you just talking ADFs here?

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Yep, just Amiga adf TOSEC collections, along with PD and demo scene adfs and ISOs on the HDD. All Amiga related.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Italy is an EU Zone, so there is no Customs Label Required when shipping from the UK. - However, shipping to Italy from the UK, is more expensive than other EU Countries, along with Greece? :shrug:

Kin

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Italy is an EU Zone, so there is no Customs Label Required when shipping from the UK. - However, shipping to Italy from the UK, is more expensive than other EU Countries, along with Greece? :shrug:

Kin

Hmm.. In my experience Italy has the most expensive shipping postage costs.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
More expensive than France post? Wow, that will be an insanely high price, then. :(

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
It appears as though we have different experiences around the world.

Even more sceptical I become..... :roll:

Its all banana's at the end of the day ('scuse me rkauer) but ffs....

....Butt munchin' gits....

Kin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom