Simple like a bit

spacerman

Country
Spain
Region
Barcelona
Hi!

To introduce myself, let's start by the beginning, my nickname. My nick comes from the song "Spacer woman" :), an Italo disco classic maded by Charlie, because I like the old style :p in music and in computers, and I think it's a way of life.

I own 3 commodore machines, 1 64 (aldi), and 2 amiga, one 1200, and
recently I adquired a 600. Now, the 1200 it's dedicated for music and experiments, and the 600, it's going to be my 'old game machine station'
(I know the 500 is better or more compatible but I prefer the 600 :whistle:)
But the Amiga 'fever' is recent, I also own more classic systems, amstrad cpc, msx, ataris...

I like PC's also, but only with linux (or Beos or other exotic OS) . Sorry, but Windows machines are a disease (n)

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Hi and welcome.

Regarding the A600. These days I would say the A600 has become the better system to own than an A500. Why? IDE and PCMCIA slot. These make added a HDD, some fast ram, or a network card very easy. None of which are so simple with the A500 as you need to find a sidecar expansion, which are now very rare.

Also with the A600, you can now add an ECS flicker fixer/scan doubler to use it with a VGA monitor, upgrade it to 2MB chip ram easily, and up to 8MB fast ram (with the A608 project), add a 4GB CF card instead of a HDD, giving a solidstate HDD, and upgrade the kickstart to 3.1 and use a combination of ClassicWB and WHDLoad to create the perfect OCS/ECS gaming system.

That makes the A600 a very compact and capable ECS Amiga. Only bettered by big box systems and the A1200.

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
Welcome to Amibay, feel free to relax and have a look around. :)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Welcome, and have fun (y) I agree with the winblows part.. I only use it when absolutely no alternative. Wich flavor of linux do you run ?

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I don't know what you all have against Windows. I like the special feature that is in tune with how we slow down as the day progresses and we get tired, so the longer the OS is running the slower it becomes to use and process anything. ;)

Tomse

RISK is good
AmiBayer
Country
Denmark
Region
Copenhagen
Welcome to amibay, the place where crazy people hang out, and it has almost nothing to do with retro computers ;-)

An A600 lover on JuvUK's birthday, now THIS day is going to be interesting.

mwuahahahhahah

spacerman

Country
Spain
Region
Barcelona
Hi and welcome.

Regarding the A600...

Welcome to amibay, the place where crazy people hang out, and it has almost nothing to do with retro computers ;-)

An A600 lover on JuvUK's birthday, now THIS day is going to be interesting.

mwuahahahhahah

Thanks. I'll confess my love for the 600 with all details, later, in the JuvUK's thread ... and this monday is my birth muahahahah :LOL:

Welcome, and have fun (y) I agree with the winblows part.. I only use it when absolutely no alternative.
I only use winblows for games, win98 to run ancient games (or sometimes I use wine, but I have an old voodoo card and ... :whistle:), or w7 , dedicated only to run a few new games. Seven is a good console OS to me :LOL:

Wich flavor of linux do you run ?
I started with Red Hat but now I use debian.
Welcome! (y)

What spec is your A1200?

It doesn't have any expansion or accelerator (yet), only a 2GB HDD, nothing special :p

Brian

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Kentucky
Hi, spacerman! Hope you enjoy yourself here. I haven't been here long myself, but pretty good bunch of people seem to hang out here.

@Harrison

I like your perspective on that Windows feature... I'd never looked at it quite that way (y)

Top Bottom