Phil1978

AmiBayer
Country
UK.
Region
Rotherham' South Yorkshire.
Hi guys....

Just a quick question.....

Im havin a littletrouble with "snapshot" Ill clean up a draw' snap it but the next time i open it its just a mess again... I know this is like the! most! stupid question... But why is that ????

Cheers all....

Ps.... A BIG!!! Thanx to all who have help me out the last few weeks (y) (y)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Yes I know learning the details of workbench once more, can be trouble.. Read some manuals to, once in a while.. I had exactly the same prob, one of the most logic answers offered onhere by Kin was check if it is not read only.

There is also a tool on Aminet to copy Icons

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

To add: I found it to a stupid question, but nobody :explodeIt took weeks to dear to ask that one

Phil1978

AmiBayer
Country
UK.
Region
I think iv sorted out the Draws... Snapshot then update' I think thats sorted it out but the desktop screen still wont play ball :mad:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Select the icons, go to menu>icons>unsnapshot. Go again, clean up, select all again, go menu>icons>snapshot.

For windows (remembering position, showing or not archives without icons and window size) just snapshot.

Phil1978

AmiBayer
Country
UK.
Region
Select the icons, go to menu>icons>unsnapshot. Go again, clean up, select all again, go menu>icons>snapshot.

For windows (remembering position, showing or not archives without icons and window size) just snapshot.

Iv been doin that' Its just not doin owt! :unsure:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Did you protected the HD or the partitions?

Tomse

RISK is good
AmiBayer
Country
Denmark
Region
Copenhagen
I usually just use the "snapshot all"

if the drive/folder etc are writeprotected Workbench will tell you in a message box.

Phil1978

AmiBayer
Country
UK.
Region
I usually just use the "snapshot all"

if the drive/folder etc are writeprotected Workbench will tell you in a message box.

No im not getting any message' Its not right protected' Like i said tho i seen to have sort some folders out just not all of them. The workbench main screen just wont do as its told...lol...

Cheers anyway guys (y) ... Ill just have to keep messin around with it.

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
Just another thing, it may be something completely different but have you tried playing with the "Re-Draw" option? I used to select that before and after snapshotting, though wether it makes a difference or not is another matter.

Top Bottom