"Software Error" booting and installing WB3.1

canderson90

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Blackpool
How oh how has it taken me nearly 3 hours to install Workbench 3.1 on an emulation of a 1200 using WinUAE?!?! And Its still having a hissy fit at me!! :banghead:

:help::please:

I keep getting hissy guru fits of "Software error" I feel like its secretly (or not so much) pointing and laughing at me!! :'( LOL!

Anyway the configuration In WinUAE that im using is:

CPU = 68020 + JIT
Ram = Chip = 2
Fast = 8
Z3 = 16
Chipset = AGA
HDD = Wrkbnch.hdf (DH0 on IDE0)
Files.hdf (UAE configured)

This has worked for me as it is for AGES untill the mother decided she was going to try formating a floppy..... and formated the hard drive :Doh: and she taught me about amigas........ LOL!

Anyway now it looks like it boots then goes straight to this Guru meditation!

I dont know what Iv done to it :s anyone have any ideas?

If its as simple as "Press F3" I may go hide in a corner for a few years out of disgrace of myself lol

Thanks Guys :D

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
What about the other settings? There are a lot of WinUae settings you have not listed that could be the culprit.

Also, try switching off JIT and see if it gurus. JIT is much faster than the other emulation mode (interpretive?) and you will want to it switched on down the track, but if you switch it off and it no longer gurus it may give a clue as to which direction to take in order to fix the problem.

Have you tried another hdf image to see if that gurus? You have have acorrupt image file.

cosmicfrog

The 1 That Ribbits
Country
UK
Region
Leek, Staffordshire Moorlands
is u using Z3ram u don`t really need any fast ram
also I`m not sure but 8Meg of fast my be useing the full address space for that kind of ram

like abraXXious says thers not really enough info
like are u trying do an A1200 or A4000 ??

Top Bottom