Some awesome retro-ads!

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Some great adverts there. I love the vintage/retro designs.

HDD prices from the early days are quite a shock. 300MB HDD for $20K was quite a bargain on a MB by MB basis when a 10MB drive was $3398! :eek: :LOL:

And what is the Timex Sinclair 2068? I know the Spectrum was rebranded Timex in the US, but is this 2068 a Spectrum? It has QL style keys, but it looks like a tape drive under the flap. Never seen one of these.

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
Some great adverts there. I love the vintage/retro designs.

HDD prices from the early days are quite a shock. 300MB HDD for $20K was quite a bargain on a MB by MB basis when a 10MB drive was $3398! :eek: :LOL:

And what is the Timex Sinclair 2068? I know the Spectrum was rebranded Timex in the US, but is this 2068 a Spectrum? It has QL style keys, but it looks like a tape drive under the flap. Never seen one of these.

No, I'd not seen that model before, either:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timex_Sinclair_2068

Looks like it would have been quite a cool little home computer, actually.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
There are some brilliant marketing quotes in there we could consider for the Amibay strapline. :)

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
Nice find indeedy. (y)

There are some brilliant marketing quotes in there we could consider for the Amibay strapline. :)
Good idea, I can see at least two that our SdG dear would fit in just great, here's one of them:

002538082.jpg

:cool:

Charlie

.. . Mouse . ..
Country
UK
Region
Wirral
Some excellent retro-adds. Here's another that rather tickled me:

neogeoad.jpg

Now come on SNK, don't be shy. Tell us what you really think!

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
Not exactly an ad, but does a magazine cover count?

nerdzeugung.jpg
[/

:eek:
Yeah, there is a spark between those two. The C-64 and that guy in the back I mean.
No idea why he took his brother, made him shave his mustache wear a wig and a dress to pose together. They must be real close.

gazcbm

10 PRINT "8 Bit Hero"
Country
UK
Region
Manchester, UK
Not exactly an ad, but does a magazine cover count?

nerdzeugung.jpg
[/

:eek:
Yeah, there is a spark between those two. The C-64 and that guy in the back I mean.
No idea why he took his brother, made him shave his mustache wear a wig and a dress to pose together. They must be real close.

Who said anything about shaving a moustache :) Seriously that picture is BRILLIANT!!! ha ha ha funniest Commodore picture I have seen.... EVER!!!

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I noticed that when I looked at the Wikipedia page Andy linked to. Was definitely an interesting machine and a shame it wasn't a true Sinclair development.

Top Bottom