Someone tell me what this does please

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
I think this is something to do with using PC floppy drives on the Amiga, can someone put me right please? I got it in a job lot, it's stamped Amiga Technologies 1996 on the back so i'm thinking it's from the Escom cost cutting days?

Attachments

• Imgp0040.jpg
    Imgp0040.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 0

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
looks like an internal x/copy interface,nothing special.
looks like the power cable is missing though

Last edited:

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
What does it do though Roy? there is no place to connect anything else to it apart from a floppy cable, the socketed part fits on the internal floppy drive header (a pin is missing in the right place for the blocked one), and obviously the pins take the floppy cable. And bares official branding so it must of had some purpose.

Last edited:

ElectroBlaster

Country
Exeter, Devon
I have one of these floating about. I bought a pile of bits from Fitsteve a while back and this was in with it all.

From what I can gather, it is a PC floppy-drive adaptor board and had something to do with the A4K? I could be wrong though.

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
So does that mean I can simply use a PC disk drive in place of an Amiga drive using this adapter?

Bryce

AmiBayer
Country
Germany
Region
Nordrhein Westfalen
Did you read the page? Or would you prefer that I read it to you, bedtime story perhaps? :D

Bryce.

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
either way it has no power going to it,so youll have to fix it first before you use any drive with it.

EDIT: or maybe not

Last edited:

BLTCON0

Math inside
AmiBayer
Country
Hellas (Greece)
Region
Chania, Crete
I think this is something to do with using PC floppy drives on the Amiga, can someone put me right please? I got it in a job lot, it's stamped Amiga Technologies 1996 on the back so i'm thinking it's from the Escom cost cutting days?

It seems to be a cheap RDY-fix solution from AT (the giveaway is the diode - if connected between pins 8 and 34 it provides a cheap albeit incorrect method of getting RDY from a drive which doesn't provide a true RDY signal). Not sure about the necessity of the NAND gate IC. The omission of a power connector for the IC may suggest a custom cable is to be used with the board. Good resolution top and bottom photos would help.

Top Bottom