Sony MP3 player & Sony Sonicstage

woodycool

Amiga enthusiast!
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK
Has anybody here got a Sony MP3 player, one that uses that :censored: awful and annoying 'Sonicstage' software?

Well, I'm speechless at how badly designed and how much of a 'mind of it's own' this heap of :censored: software really has.

It refuses to transfer some MP3s for no reason .... there's nothing wrong with the MP3s, they are the same bitrate as the rest in that folder etc. they play perfectly OK, but they just refuse to transfer .... FOR NO :censored: REASON WHAT-SO-:censored:-EVER ..... WHY THE :censored: WON'T IT DO WHAT IT'S :censored: TOLD, FOR :censored: SAKE

Anyway, anybody else experienced this software? or have any ideas as to why it's so :censored:?

To top it off, until I updated my old version, I used to keep getting 'Visual C++ Runtime Error' when trying to transfer any MP3 to my MP3 player ..... hang on a sec, isn't that what an MP3 player is for? .... TO PLAY MP3S? Hmmmmm

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Use MediaMonkey, it supports most makes of MP3 player and is great. And if a player isn't supported out of the box a plug in is normally available. I've used it for years as a media library/player, and also for iPods instead of iCrap.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
The very same :censored: thing the Creative's Zen IV! That :censored: device just works with it's own program to play music stored on it directly on PC.

:censored: stupid device!:mad:

AndyC

AmiBayer
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Fife
I had SonicStage for a minidisc player I had - never had any bother with it, although that was for encoding MP3 to minidisc...

retro_junkie

AmiBayer
Country
North East England
Yeah SonicStage is a joke - I've had to use it for about 7 years for MiniDiscs (I still have a MD changer in the car). I also have a Sony Walkman phone but thankfully that also came with the simpler 'Disc to Phone' software (which also transfers MP3s easily)... the software on the phone to play it back is still a nightmare though (not being able to play by album unless they are by a single artist for example... or having to scroll one at a time through lists without being able to use the letters on the keypad...). It's almost enough to make me get an ipod (itunes, though it has its own faults, is so much more user friendly than anything Sony has managed)... if only Apple would actually make something that sounded half decent (ipods are actually getting worse as far as sound quality goes).

I think the American 'Media Manager' software is meant to be better but it won't (or isn't meant to) work with UK Walkmans.

musojon74

Geekmeister
AmiBayer
Country
Near Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Sonicstage is horrific! Use Kin's link - drop directly onto your mp3 player when hooked up as mass storage, then you can run it from your player and drag mp3s straight onto your mp3 player. Sadly it won't support any other stuff (wma, wav, etc) but if you've only pure mp3's you are laughing :)

woodycool

Amiga enthusiast!
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK
I used to use SonicStage when I used my old Sony NetMD (I still have a Kenwood MiniDisc head-unit in my car) but found, since I 'upgraded' to the newest SonicStage (as the old version didn't support my Sony NW-HD5 MP3 player) it became a right royal pain in the :censored:

Top Bottom