Sony officially releases Playstation 2 in Brazil!

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
Read it all over the interwebz.

Wow, well done Sony! :dry:

Believe me, as a PSX fanboi I'm the last person who would rant about Sony, but this is ridiculous... :Doh:

I've kinda lost interest in consoles at about the time PS2 came out, which let's me look at the situation with a straight eye, but I most certainly don't like some silly situations. Like this cheap ad which treats the customer as a total moron (You. PS3 out. Buy. Now.).
Not to mention a few translated-to-Polish games, that, as it appeared later, didn't support with any of the DLC's (FallOut3)... :censored:

BTW, it's not like I'm proud of what's M$ doing - believe it or not, here in Poland they "forgot" to officially release the first X-Box, and while the X360 got released, they forgot to add Live support.
I don't exactly remember the details on how you're suppose to register the thing, but most of the X360 gamers actually use it here... illegally, lol.
What's even better, M$ translated all the manuals and it mentions Live in the features, you may buy M$ points (or what's it's name) and stuff like that. Hey, it's your problem you can't use them! :censored:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
???

I'm not a console gamer, myself. But the PS2 was available for long time here.

But in one thing the 'net articles are true: our internal taxes for electronics is 60% (WTF?).:mad:

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
I'm not a console gamer, myself. But the PS2 was available for long time here.
Of course it was. But now Sony will add it's official seal of approval ;)

But in one thing the 'net articles are true: our internal taxes for electronics is 60% (WTF?).:mad:
That sux, but at least that kind of technology isn't considered too new and thus a threat for the whole country and totally banned, like here during the communism era. ;)

Powerpie5000

Hardware Junkie™
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
Sega Megadrive's (or a variation) are still being sold "new" in Brazil and i believe it's still the most popular gaming console there :blink:

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Huh. About PS3 the new update version (3.10) has Polski language too. Shoonay... :)

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
@Phantom: Yes, so I read on www.konsolowisko.pl. :cool:
PS3 appears to have the best support here, out of the 3 main consoles, probably due to the fact we both share the hardest-language-ever tag along with the Japanese. ;)

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Sega Megadrive's (or a variation) are still being sold "new" in Brazil and i believe it's still the most popular gaming console there :blink:

Not exactly. They try to sell the "remake" of the console on a very small package with some games built-in.

Don't know (nor care) about the success in sales.

@Phantom: Yes, so I read on www.konsolowisko.pl. :cool:
PS3 appears to have the best support here, out of the 3 main consoles, probably due to the fact we both share the hardest-language-ever tag along with the Japanese. ;)

Here we have the 3 major competitors, too. But Xbox sells are ridiculous. Just Wii & PS2/3 are in the "arena".

Top Bottom