Status
Not open for further replies.

retro_junkie

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
North East England
I (think I) need a keyboard membrane for a Spectrum+. It won't boot past the (c) screen and I've been told usually this is because of the keyboard membrane. Does anyone have a spare or is it like asking for a spare ULA for the Acorn Electron (ie the bit that always breaks first!)?

rwap

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Staffordshire
If you are still looking for replacement membranes, we normally have some in stock - we have a couple of older type Spectrum + membranes which people can have for £10 - although not sure how much longer they will last.

Rich

retro_junkie

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
North East England
Hi, yes I still need it (at least I think that's what's wrong!). I might try and see if there's anything else wrong before spending probably about what the whole thing's worth to fix it though. Do you know of any tests that can be done?

rwap

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Staffordshire
The only thing I can suggest is that you look at the physical condition of the membrane tails - does it have any splits in it? The other thing to check is that the two clamps are down across the membrane and tightly held in place - ALTHOUGH BEWARE - do not overtighten the screws, as once they just stop tightening up, the membrane will not work!

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ rwap

Can you please check your Private Messages?

Thanks

Merlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom