merlinkv

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Hi,

I´m looking for a Spider II USB 2.0 PCI card from Elbox.

But with possibility to register Poseidon Stack at Elbox......

Thanks

keropi

VIP
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina
there was never the possibility to register Poseidon at Elbox and to make it worse you can no longer register Poseidon for Elbox hardware. Poseidon is now free for E3B products.
So to cut it short, unless you have a poseidon key that was registered to work with everything, then a spider card is nothing more than a doorstop.

merlinkv

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Oh!! Bad news!!!

So, Elbox......... (n) (n)

And.... Do you know any compatible PCI USB 2.0 card to work with Mediator 1200TX? :bowdown::bowdown:

Thanks

the scallyman

Lamebrain
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Country
Newark
Region
Nottinghamshire UK
Hi
Ive just bought a spider II from Elbox but not installed yet waiting for a new tower case.....can you explain in more detail what the problem is!
thx Scallyman

merlinkv

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Tested now..... No available registration form to Spider II boards.

I read this on several pages, only DENEB USB Controllers (Zorro II/III) comes with a full OEM version of Poseidon.

My question is, no other boards works? Only works Spider II with Poseidon?

merlinkv

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Thanks keropi.

No other PCI USB boards works with Mediator 1200TX?

I don´t know if SUBWAY USB comes with registered Poseidon. But is really expensive and works only at "Full Speed" not "High Speed"....

The best solution, of course, is a compatible & full working PCI USB 2.0 card.

keropi

VIP
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina
nope, only elbox's spider cards work with their mediators.
subway DOES come with a fully licensed OEM poseidon license, if poseidon finds a subway/deneb then it is fully registered automatically.

merlinkv

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
OK, I understand...

I don´t know this crazy "open market" for USB controllers.

My older Radeon 9250 and Fast-Ethernet cards works great... Why this for USB cards?, really I don´t understand.....

SUBWAY USB is very good board. But the problem is the speed... connecting USB HDD´s, DVD-ROM´s, or Digital Cameras works very slow...... and..... more than 100 Euros for a new one.......

Ok, waiting... maybe one "registered" Spider II appears......

merlinkv

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
I read and...... really ......(n)(n) :nuts::nuts: (n)(n) to ElBox and the author of Poseidon....

This is a illegal way to protect their hard & soft.

The key of 3.8 or less works on v4.4? The latests versions of Poseidon also have this malicious code?.

Mybe is a way to write a working driver to other PCI USB cards? or Mediator is "clossed" to accept only Spider II cards?

mfilos

Extr3m3ly l33t
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Glyfada/Athens
Tbh without wanting to make you feel bad...
There is almost zero chances for someone to make drivers for other PCI USB cards.

Sadly the only noble solutions are Deneb for Zorro Amigas and Subway for Clockport enabled Amigas. Spider as told by my friend Keropi requires the old registered version to operate (although I don't remember what are the drawbacks of the unregistered Aminet version).

Apart from the Chris/Elbox issue... Elbox's part is very misleading for buyers that don't know the story declaring: "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can use the Poseidon [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Online [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Registration Form[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] for registration."
[/FONT]

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
It's pretty poor show when you spend $$$ on a piece of hardware, only to be told you have to spend more $$$ to buy the driver software to actually use it! *sigh*

mfilos

Extr3m3ly l33t
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Glyfada/Athens
It's pretty poor show when you spend $$$ on a piece of hardware, only to be told you have to spend more $$$ to buy the driver software to actually use it! *sigh*
The worst part in this scenario is that you CAN'T even spend more $$$ to buy the driver.
Imo Spider shouldn't have been sold nowadays since this incident occured, or at least (since they can have quite a stock) to inform clearly the future buyers about not being able to have a registered software for their hardware!

keropi

VIP
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina
and just a remark: when I had an A1200 with a ZorroIV + Mediator ZIV board, I also had a SpiderII card. I regged poseidon with all options (even worked in morphos on a pegasosII with usb2 cards) and used the SpiderII. Believe me, speeds with a BPPC 060@60mhz where not so impressive... better than subway but not that much...

edit: and before anyone actually asks, no my key is not for sale or anything else.

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
One longshot: Check out the AROS Poseidon sources, remove Spider II block, compile for Amiga OS 3.1...

Lotsa work...

To the Chris vs Elbox thing. Elbox was in the wrong, there was also an issue/accusation of pirated software. So instead of talking it out, and working together. It quickly escalated to the point where Elbox was in the dog house, and "everybody" fell out with them.

Today, it´s ancient history I´d hope. Even though the bridges cannot be mended, we shouldn´t spend more testosterone and adrenaline on it.

merlinkv

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Hi to all :)

Spider II USB board not needed anymore & due the age of this Thread I will close now.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom