Star Wars collecting

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Do any of you collect Star Wars memorabilia?

And if so what do you collect? Vintage (70's and 80's), or newer 90's+ releases?

For me I mostly collect vintage stuff, but do also buy some newer items. Plus things like all the novels.

What is your rarest item in your collection?

Mine is either:

Original vinyl cape Jawa.

a70bceb3dab45fd275767010d3cc3aa3.jpg

Original boxed Seer's Cantina Adventure set with cardboard diorama and pegs (never used) and all figures still sealed in their plastic bags, including Blue Snaggletooth.

CantinaAdventureSetBoxFront.jpg

or maybe Original Sy Snootles and the Rebo Band still sealed in the box. This was the band in Jabba's palace.

280_l.jpg

All images are internet images and not of my actual items (too lazy to take any today).

DutchinUSA

AmiBayer
Country
Unites States
Region
Wisconsin
Nice ! I love Star Wars but haven't gotten into the habit of collecting much of anything Star Wars related, I'll pick up an item if I see it at a rummage sale or 2nd hand store if it's cheap enough or cool enough :)

There was a "lifesize" R2D2 and yoda for sale 2 or so years ago locally .. I was tempted but it was quite a bit of money and I really didn't and haven't got room for it !

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I don't currently have the room either! :LOL: Most of my collection is currently stored in the loft, other than small figure collection displayed on a shelf.

I'm moving soon though so already have a nice glass display cabinet planned. I will post some pictures once it's all setup.

SaviorX

VCCUG
Banned
Country
Canada
Region
Calgary, Alberta
kind of..I used to have a few of the figures and vehicles from the original run in the 70s/80s....they are long gone...and a bit too expensive for me to collect these days...

I have built up a small collection of the Power of the Force / Episode One figs that ran from about 95-2000 (26 PotF + 3 Episode One + 1 PotF Die-Cast set (Leia / Obi Wan / C3PO / R2-D2) as well as an X-Wing and a TIE Fighter)

a few of the newer figs as well, 'vintage series' and a few of the Mission Series (Bespin Luke/Darth Vader + Darth Sidious/Yoda) as well as a Y-Wing

and a Micro Machines Millennium Falcon.

more recently I have built up a collection of 695 'Star Wars Minis' (miniatures game from 2004-2010) including some 'large' figues like a Rancor and several AT-ST and a 'colossal' AT-AT figure

also several (well...57) X-Wing minis (one of the newer Fantasy Flight games) ships

and also the Imperial Assault game released recently with a number of subsequently released figures (forgot to buy Chewbacca last order tho :p )

for other books/games if have the West End Games D6 Star Wars RPG and a few supplements, as well as the WotC d20 Star Wars RPG Sourcebook

also the hardback books released in the 80s for Empire and Jedi

I don't think i have anything too rare at this point...

I also have a number of board games including the original Escape from the Death star and Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Game

as well as newer games Escape the Death Star and Epic Duels....

a few other bits as well

but i think my favorite items are the Star Wars Minis, the X-Wing Ships (these models are fantastic) and the PotF stuff.

oh yes, and an obscene amount of Star Wars Pocketmodels...as places were practically giving these away for a while (and even turned up for a time in Dollar Stores here)

I have previously posted photos of a lot of this stuff to the Photobooth as I have gotten them.

View attachment 91786

Last edited:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I did collect all of the new figures released after Episode 1, plus larger ships, and kept them all in their packaging in special protective plastic cases, stored in big plastic boxes in the loft. But after the initial figure and ship runs they just started to turn out near identical figures in different coloured cards, so I then stopped collecting the newer stuff, other than a few limited edition things like the Boba Fett 300th figure release and a signed Anthony Daniels C3PO carded figure.

Plus I have a couple of the "cases" of figure runs direct from Kenner toys, as they arrive at the stores, so each box contains I think 28 carded figures from a series run with duplicates of each figure. I just saw this available to order direct from the factory years ago at the time and ordered them on an impulse purchase. Didn't cost much at the time and probably won't keep them all once I sort everything else once I've moved.

I've been tempted to collect some of the new X-Wing miniatures. Especially as they are quite detailed die-cast models with stands. The Millennium falcon and Slave 1 especially. Mainly because I don't have room to display the huge original ships so these little models would be great and collectable.

SaviorX

VCCUG
Banned
Country
Canada
Region
Calgary, Alberta
unfortunately the later stuff is just like everything else...just produced so many that it'll be a long long time before they have any real value... (if ever)

they all but destroyed card and comic collecting in the late 80s/early 90s when they got popular...it's generally only worth having rookie cards, 1st issues and perhaps a few 'special' items here and there....

anything that says 'collectors item' on it...isn't :p

mainly the stuff really worth collecting is pre-80s (and largely pre-mass production)

the early stuff, no one ever thought it'd be 'collectable' so they just produced whatever they thought they could sell...

if anyone pre-ordered Fallout 4 and got the Pip-Boy, might be worth selling on ebay at christmas time however... :LOL:

Last edited:

DutchinUSA

AmiBayer
Country
Unites States
Region
Wisconsin
Yes, the Fallout 4, pip-boy edition pre-order seem to be going for at least double already, crazy !

But back to Star Wars topic :) .. I don't really look for items with high values .. just things I personally like, my yoda shirt that says "size matters not" .. LOL .. Darth Vader candy dispenser and USB stick.

Retro-Protect

Blogger
Country
England
Region
Nottingham
Me and my brother had every figure from the original releases. You know on the back of the boxes you had a picture of them all. My mum gave them all away haha! My brother still has all the box backs and weapons for them somewhere. We also still have the death star play set, an original millennium falcon, x-wing boxed, snow speeder boxed and some stuff from episode 1. Like the 2 pod racer toys and an autographed Darth maul figure.

SaviorX

VCCUG
Banned
Country
Canada
Region
Calgary, Alberta
Me and my brother had every figure from the original releases. You know on the back of the boxes you had a picture of them all. My mum gave them all away haha! My brother still has all the box backs and weapons for them somewhere. We also still have the death star play set, an original millennium falcon, x-wing boxed, snow speeder boxed and some stuff from episode 1. Like the 2 pod racer toys and an autographed Darth maul figure.

the backing cards and weapons are actually worth a little bit to people who have figures without them...not a huge amount, but certainly worth keeping (or selling) them for...

the 2 vehicles i had as a kid were the X-Wing and a Snowspeeder (2 of my favorite vehicles...along with the AT-AT) but i had played the hell out of them :p

I was soooo tempted to get a 'Vintage Series' AT-AT at Toys-R-Us when they were on sale about a year and a half ago...

(I remember Christmas '83 i was so jealous of my best friend and his brother...they had gotten an AT-AT, Ewok Village, Speeder Bike + Scout Trooper, and a Jabba the Hutt (with pedestal and Salacious Crumb) between them)

Last edited:

SaviorX

VCCUG
Banned
Country
Canada
Region
Calgary, Alberta
I did collect all of the new figures released after Episode 1, plus larger ships, and kept them all in their packaging in special protective plastic cases, stored in big plastic boxes in the loft. But after the initial figure and ship runs they just started to turn out near identical figures in different coloured cards, so I then stopped collecting the newer stuff, other than a few limited edition things like the Boba Fett 300th figure release and a signed Anthony Daniels C3PO carded figure.

Plus I have a couple of the "cases" of figure runs direct from Kenner toys, as they arrive at the stores, so each box contains I think 28 carded figures from a series run with duplicates of each figure. I just saw this available to order direct from the factory years ago at the time and ordered them on an impulse purchase. Didn't cost much at the time and probably won't keep them all once I sort everything else once I've moved.

I've been tempted to collect some of the new X-Wing miniatures. Especially as they are quite detailed die-cast models with stands. The Millennium falcon and Slave 1 especially. Mainly because I don't have room to display the huge original ships so these little models would be great and collectable.

I'll point out that the 'Tantive IV' model for X-Wing is about the size of an original X-wing fighter toy, but is of course...quite awesome :)

View attachment 91815

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
That's because they are the only series of figures to true scale. A death star would be near impossible. Lol

SaviorX

VCCUG
Banned
Country
Canada
Region
Calgary, Alberta
yes, even a Star Destroyer would take up the better part of a room (the Tantive IV fit in the main hanger of Devastator in Ep IV) and forget about the Executor...

this is also partly why i dislike the Star Trek models from WizKids....very poor (nonexistant?) scaling...

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I think someone actually worked out that to scale a Death Star would be about the size of a football pitch. Makes sense if you consider the scale as the Millennium Falcon approached and went into the hanger.

What is the largest ship produced in the X-Wing Miniatures range? Is it the Tantive IV, or maybe the Imperial Raider? Or something even bigger?

slk486

Asking the questions because I DON'T KNOW
VIP
Country
Denmark
Region
Sealand
Would love to have a room filled with the classic Star Wars figures and vehicles, but alas. No space, and not enough money :LOL:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I saw some reduced price Scalextric Endor Speeder bikes for sale in TKMaxx last month and was so tempted to buy them. Walked around the whole store with them, but then decided, as I don't own any Scalextric track that it was a bit of a pointless purchase. Did look really cool though.

61Ee4WYxegL._SL1200_.jpg

SaviorX

VCCUG
Banned
Country
Canada
Region
Calgary, Alberta
I don't have the Imperial Raider, it's still in pre-order, but images of the box look like it's about the same length as the Tantive IV, and maybe slightly bigger at the back end, so i think probably it will be a bit bigger than Tantive IV, but maybe not by much, and at the present time those will be the 2 largest ships...

I don't see anything larger coming out, most of the next wave is either fighter size, or similar to the Millennium Falcon in the case of the Hound's Tooth (although its more long and thin)

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
I used to have a couple of figures back in the 80's but those are long gone, sadly.

Only Star Wars stuff I have nowadays is the first version of the Lego X-Wing fighter and a Star Wars Transformers Darth Vader Tie Fighter.

SaviorX

VCCUG
Banned
Country
Canada
Region
Calgary, Alberta
I used to have a couple of figures back in the 80's but those are long gone, sadly.

Only Star Wars stuff I have nowadays is the first version of the Lego X-Wing fighter and a Star Wars Transformers Darth Vader Tie Fighter.

I'd love to get the Star Wars Lego stuff.....but wayyyy too much money for plastic blocks :p might as well buy some vintage toys instead...

Top Bottom