Stupid Couriers

Marc

Country
UK
Region
Essex
I sent a case to Denmark. I think it was sent with reasonable packaging to prevent the odd knock/bump/drop.

What I did not expect was someone to fire a cannon at the thing! :Doh:

Another piece of not to be made again hardware has gone to heaven :(

Attachments

• BoxOutside.jpg
    BoxOutside.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Damage1.jpg
    Damage1.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 0

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
I sent a case to Denmark. I think it was sent with reasonable packaging to prevent the odd knock/bump/drop.

nah, i could fix that, if you can get the panels to me, i'll get them fixed for you, it's not that bad, i've seen worse :)

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
@Juzzer: hey, I vultured this case before! :mad:

stachu100

Country
Poland
Region
mazowieckie
Well, as I know all packaging for consumer electronic for bigger things (like PC case, TV's, ...) are designed to have about 10cm of styrofoam between thick carton and the device. It is just to prevent that sharp object falling into packaging can damage the product inside. I know that adding 10cm of styrofoam around the item might be a problematic for ordinary people sending the 1pcs of something (like me and you). And this is the result... :(

OzAMICD32

Country
Australia
Region
Queensland
That's nothing a particular courier company in Australia made a habit of breaking military grade equipment housings when sent interstate for repairs.

Marc

Country
UK
Region
Essex

nah, i could fix that, if you can get the panels to me, i'll get them fixed for you, it's not that bad, i've seen worse :)

Thanks Juv, but the cost of postage >= cost of the case :(

Jon Hare

Country
Hamburg
Region
Germany
Well, the same happened when I'd sent a case to a german guy.

Have a look at this:

mail

mail

Someone must be driven in there with a fork lifter or so.

You think that's worse? I have an even more worse case, will send pictures tomorrow or tuesday...

It's a shame....as Wasagi said...another great piece of hardware died, which will never come back :(

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I don't think there are any couriers immune to the bad treatment of parcels. The problem isn't the companies themselves, or the systems they have in place to handle the shipping of items. It is the monkeys they all employ, commonly known as "casual workers", from agencies to fill in gaps in employment when they have a shortfall in their staff due to holidays, illness or peak periods. This will only get worse as we now get close to Christmas and a lot of the couriers start to take on additional temporary staff to cope with the increase in parcel volumes.

The problem with casual labour is that most of them are students, or out of work immigrants who don't care at all about the items they are handling. All they are doing is wasting time to get money in their view. So if they handle your parcels they will just throw them in the general direction of where they need to go and hope someone else will deal with them.

Top Bottom