r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
I got hold of a job lot of untested SNES base units in the hope I would find one that worked OK to exchange for my dead unit. I got what I wanted and am now offering the rest of the now tested units for sale.
4 are working and in varying cosmetic condition and 2 are non-working.
They are all UK PAL versions.

SNES_ALL_4.jpg

The 4 fully working ones I would like £10 ono each plus £5 P&P in the UK. If outside of the Uk please ask for a shipping quote.

Numbers 2, 3 and 4 have varying levels of yellowing on the top, but are Ok underneath 1 however has some damage to it but is a nice un-yellowed colour. It looks like someone has had number 1's case open, as there are leverage marks around the side and front (example pictured below) and the case bolts have been modified to allow a flat head screwdriver to loosen them. Number one also has the plastic power LED light cover missing.

However, they all work perfectly as I tried them all with several different games, with a couple of controllers each and through the RF and Multi-out output.

SNES_11.jpg

I am also offering the 2 dead ones for spares or repairs. One starts up and will show the nintendo logo for some games but will go no further, I believe the cartridge connector could be at fault here but that is only a guess TBH. The other is unresponsive throught the RF output, showing the power LED, but a black screen. This one also has a square inch hole in the back of the casing. This one does work normally through the Multi-Out, however. As Rkauer mentioned it looks like it's has an S-Video mod at some point, but this has obviously been removed.

SNES_US.jpg

I'm asking £5 ono for both units together as one lot plus £7 P&P in the UK. Again, if from outside of the UK, please ask for a shipping quote.

If you're interested, please let me know which number you would like. I would say that the best of the bunch, with the least yellowing and an undamaged case is number 2. :)

There are no cables, controllers or games in this lot, just the base units.

Last edited:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
The last non-working unit must had at an unknown time a S-Video connector, as you described.

billdooruk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Leicester
I may be interested in a working base unit as my PAL unit had died but someone is looking at it for me...If they can't repair it I'll get back to you.

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
After rkauer's hint (thanks chap) I tested one of the unresponsive units that appears to have had an S-video mod. It outputs sound and video fine via the multi-out, but the RF output is not functioning.
His supposition appears to be correct, at some point this unit may have had an s-video mod, but this has been removed now.
If some one had the time and skill you could swap out the cases of these two units to make one nice functioning piece of kit.
I'll keep the price the same though to reflect the extra effort required. :)

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@r0jaws

if you want m8, I can attempt to repair the booting up one for you.

I have the Aoyue 474+ up and running and its a charm sir!

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
Thanks for the offer big guy, but it's no problem, I'll leave it as is.
I have listed these now on eBay on a BIN basis.
HERE and HERE

I will keep the thread updated if I sell any of them.

Last edited:

billdooruk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Leicester
i'll pass now....Just found out thet two of my three base units are now repaired and are working :D

Thank's anyway

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
These have all sold now on t'other Bay. If someone would be so good as to close the thread? TY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom