SX-1 - Hard drive spacers...

ElectroBlaster

Country
Exeter, Devon
I am aware that when the SX-1 CD32 expansions were new, you had the option of fitting an 2.5" ide hard drive. From what it says in the setup manual some spacers were included along with the screws so you could fit/mount the hard drive inside.

Does anyone know what he spacers were? size etc.

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
hang on and ill have a look and see if ive got any that will work...

just measure to the main board to above the simm.

EDIT: yeah ive got some,cant remember the thread diameter on them but they do fit a 2.5 inch drive ill send you some once youve worked out the distance they need to be from the main board.(ill send you a kit with all spacers and bolts to fit the drive)

Last edited:

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
i have got some,you can them for postage bud:)
i have a box full of them for electrical projects...you can never have enough stand offs.

just send me pm with the length they need to be in case i dont see this thread when it gets buried.lol
just measure to above the simm from the board so it clears it and ill sort them out later...
dont forget your name and address:)

ElectroBlaster

Country
Exeter, Devon
I started this thread before the SX-1 arrived. I have a problem! The ram slot on this one is angled not an upright. So this means any simm that is fitted will obscure the mounting holes. According the manual the hard drive sits under the board, so I guess the standoff's only need to be tall enough to allow decent airflow under the drive.

I also have some more issues to deal with! I am missing some case screws and some hex-nut posts that fit onto the external ports.

supaduper

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
west midlands
Has the sim slot been replaced on this SX1 ? cos normally their upright

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
ive seen a few with angled simm sockets.didnt realize the drive hung under the board upside down.

missing bolts and stand offs arnt a real problem i might have a few you can have,stay positive bud:)

Ed.D

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bristol
If the correct standoffs aren't obtainable I might be able to turn some for cost of postage. My smallest tap will cut M3 threads if that's the correct size. I'd just need to know the correct dimensions.

Ed.

ElectroBlaster

Country
Exeter, Devon
Has the sim slot been replaced on this SX1 ? cos normally their upright

TBH I have no clue at all until I pull the board out and have a nosey at the solder pads. But I have seen the odd SX-1 dotted around google with the same angled simm slot.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys :D

I need to get into my storage and find the CD32. I have a pile of memory simms and a modded psu ready to go. Soon as I know the state of play I will figure out some sizes. I guess these spacers will be around 2cm nothing more.

Top Bottom