sx-32 (Pics Added)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIFF

Country
Central Scotland
Hi all.
Emptied out the attic today. Anongst my stuff i found my fully working CD32 with SX-32 (030 processor/850meg HDD/ 16meg RAM). 2 External Floppy drives to go with it. Keboard, Mouse and many weird and wondeful joysticks. Plenty of cd32 games and floppy games. Also have just about every amiga format disk there ever was plus numerous disks from all the other amiga magazines of the day. Including originals of Workbench, Wordsworth5 , duluxe paint etc. Tried it all out yesterday, everything works as it should and is in tip top condition. Will post some pics up tomorrow of the lot. The reason im writing this is that I cant ever see me using this again...........is it worth much if I were to sell it?. I would much rather it went to an amiga enthusiast than do an ebay sale. Any help on the value of it would be much appreciated. Like i say, ill post pics of what I have and ones of it up and running.

Thanks for looking

GIFF

Here are some pics:

http://flickr.com/photos/8179780@N02/

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Re: sx-32

Hello GIFF

welcome to AmiBay, unfortunately we cannot openly give a price guide as this contravenes AmiBay Rules, I tell you what, please have a read of this thread, it will explain AmiBays stance on this.

I have also taken the liberty of sending you a PM :)

again A big welcome to AmiBay, we hope you enjoy the community here :)

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

Hi GIFF

Welcome to Amibay, It's always a pleasent surprise when finding old forgotton treasure in the Loft or Attic.
I hope you enjoy visiting Amibay, all our members & staff try to help each other as much as possible with technical issues or advice regarding all sorts of retro computing.
Unfortunatly what we cannot do is advise as to the value or expected selling price of Items being considered or offered on Amibay as this would be seen as price-driving.

Please have a read of the Rules and User Notice by clicking on the link and I've copied this particular piece over for you.

You must state a price if you are selling an item
If you are offering an item for sale on Amibay, you must state a guide price. Asking for offers for an item without a guide price being stated is not allowed, as it is inviting an auction and bid trumping, which is forbidden on this site. Obviously, there is nothing wrong in you revising your asking price downwards or accepting a lower offer, if there are no takers at your original asking price. If offers are made below the asking price, they should be made in the thread and NOT by Private Message, as this could constitute a "silent auction". The seller is under no obligation to accept any offer below the asking price.

I hope this is helpful
Feel free to contact any of the staff If we can be of any further help

Best Wishes

TC :mrgreen:

GIFF

Country
Central Scotland

Hi, apologies for not reading the rules. Typical of me to jump in feet first. Ill now give em a read. Again I apologise.

GIFF

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

@ TC

The problem is he doesn't know what it's worth; Zetr0 has pointed him to the right post on valuations.

@ GIFF

No problem, we are here to help where possible. It's just that there are so many things that could go pear-shaped if we mis-valued an item that we decided not to be the Antiques Roadshow, if you follow me....

Good places to start your search might be Amigaworld.net, English Amiga Board and Amiga.org.

There are links to good research sites in the Friends of Amibay section of the site. Good hunting!

Cheers

Merlin

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

@GIFF

No need to apologise my friend no harm done, we are all here to help

Best Regards

TC :wink:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Re: sx-32 (Pics Added)

A nice collection you have there. The SX32 is now quite a rare and sort after expansion for the CD32 so you should get a good price for that lot. However as already mentioned we can't openly post our own opinions of what we each think it might be worth.

Good luck selling it. I bet it brought back loads of memories when you fired it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom