commodorejohn

Shameless recidivist
Rating - 100%
22   0   1
Country
United States
Region
Minnesota
As the title says, it's a Tandy 1000TX, and it's for sale. A lot of details can be found on Radio Shack's archived reference page, but in brief: it's a 286-based model (though, bafflingly, it still uses the XT ISA bus,) running at 8MHz, with the standard Tandy "PCjr with all the important stuff put back in" hardware. This particular machine has an extra floppy drive I threw in (sadly, I don't have an XT-ISA hard drive controller for it) and has been upgraded to 768KB of RAM (640KB for applications and 128KB for video.)

tandy.jpg

As you can see, it's a little rough around the edges; I saved it from a recycling center, so it was even dirtier than this to start with. Fortunately, most of that's just dirt ingrained into the weird sandpaper finish of the plastic, and a little more vigorous cleaning should take it right off. The case itself is in surprisingly good shape, with only a few nicks down on one corner:
cornerv.jpg

bottompu.jpg

Unfortunately, while the plastic got off pretty light, there's some more noticeable water damage on the sheet-metal part of the case. It's still structurally sound, though, and a good sanding should take care of the rust if it bothers you.

boardn.jpg

Fortunately, the board itself is undamaged, and the computer works beautifully. Included are a DOS boot disk and a keyboard:
keyboardu.jpg

I'm asking $30 + S/H. Anybody interested?

(P.S. this is also listed on the Vintage Computer Forums.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom