Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
Re: tea or coffee?

Hard poll...
I drink 2 coffee cups (without the girl :mrgreen: ) every day, but I also drink tea from time to time.
Especially during the winter days or when I feel a cold is around the corner.
Nothing like a hot fruity tea with lots of sugar, two mints, pinch of pepper, and finally half a lemon ;)
BTW: Coffee with a tiny pinch of pepper gets stronger too (y)

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire

Definitely Tea.
Like any red blooded true British gentleman would. Just a smidgen of milk, maybe 1 sugar, none of this frappa-chino-mocha-vanilla stick foreign muck. :wink:
We didn't conqueror half the world on the back of grinding your own beans you know. :thumbsup2:

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

@ JuvUK

Erm, some of us of a certain age remember the old 80s airline joke about this subject. It goes as follows and to an extent it reminds me of you mate..

A man is sitting in an aisle seat on a plane as it takes off. Once the plane has levelled out, the stewardess gets on the mike and says "Hello and welcome to flight Trans World Airlines flight 1937 to Newark. The cabin crew will shortly be coming to you to offer refreshments and other items.

Sure enough, a very pretty trolley dolly turns up with a trolley at the side of him and asks "Is there anything I can get you sir? I have cold and hot towels, newspapers, magazines, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages, or maybe you would prefer some coffee or tea, perhaps?"

Quick as a flash the man says, "OK then beautiful, can I have some of your lovely TWA Tea please?

:whistle:

Obviously, this joke only works with one particular airline....... :blink:

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

On a more serious level, can I have five gallons of uber strong coffee by I.V., stat!! I'd walk around with a drip stand all day if this was possible, caffeine is a food group to me....

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

I didn't quite say that; mind you, would the taste of that particular brand of tea offend you?

:LOL:

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

r0jaws said:
We didn't conqueror half the world on the back of grinding your own beans you know. :thumbsup2:

Possibly another candidate phrase for the 2009 competition there, mate..... fnarr!!

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

Coffee, despite my partialness to tea.

The reasoning is that I dring coffee to medicate and tea to enjoy.

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands

Coffee as it is medicinal - if it wasn't for coffee I would have to smoke more ciggys which is bad for me :mrgreen:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

I use to be a coffee-holic. If I didnt have a coffee in the morning & had to drink tea, I was in a Bad mood for the rest of the day. Nearly ten years ago, I gave up coffee totally & found myself not so "buzzed up" all the time & was a better person for it in manner. I switched to tea, but "Earl Grey" & skimmed milk with one sugar for a better taste of the tea. I do a coffee once in a while but it has to be a quality kind like Nescafe Alta Rica or Gold Blend & made entirely with Semi Skimmed milk.
Mug of milk, microwaved for exactly 2 mins, Spoon of coffee with the skin pulled off first & then one spoon of sugar & beat the hell out of it with a spoon! - Very nice but only perhaps one or 2 of these a week if at all. Some weeks I dont even bother!
Earl Grey tea is also very different in taste by brand & the Asda one is the best by far for me. PG Tips tastes how I could only ever imagine a Monkeys Arse to taste & I'd sooner do water than suffer that bark! - Yorkshire Tea is another matter though & the other scented teas like camomile, strawberry, mint & the rest are just perversions of flavoured hot water for me! :sick:

It's all caffine in different guises I guess, but I'm certainly not as hot headed for supping Earl Grey tea instead of coffee.

Kin

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

Hmmm, if 'Jolt' Cola was available (from the old film Hackers) I would be drinking that, but that would only be giving me a caffeine fix anyway....I suppose that Red Bull and the like are the modern version of this.

Pro Plus tablets and a glass of water, anyone....??

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

I'm a coffee man, myself. One big mug of no-fat milk & coffee at the morning (no sugar).

Two double espresso at the evening (when not in home) or two entire thermal bottles of "chimarrão" (our kind-of tea).

Real tea only when the winter starts to acting up.

Beer all over the time, of course! :mrgreen:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

LOL rkauer! - Beer time! :LOL:

@ Merlin

Redbull...Wicked as a drink with Vodka & Ice. I'd been drinking that cr4p for years before I found out 1 can of red Bull = the same amount of Caffine as 10 cups of coffee!! :shock:

How many Vodka red Bulls in one nights Sesh?? - No wonder I never felt pi$$ed...I was off my face on a Caffine hit! :LOL:

Kin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom