Tech Tips...

Phil1978

AmiBayer
Country
UK.
Region
Rotherham' South Yorkshire.
Hi all... Iv been modding (Simple Modding) Iv replaced the disk drive in the a500 with a pc drive iv got it working fine ish' loads disks' formats' plays' most of the games theres just a couple that wont load now one being lemmings' Iv un soildered ds1 and soildered ds0 and connected pin34 to pin2 so I was wondering if there somthing iv missed? and thats why it wont load some of the games? (Most games work)

Right! question 2.... As some of you know i have a AQ overdrive external hdd on the a1200' iv stripped it down and from what i can see' I looks like shandard 2.5" laptop ide connection' So im thinking would it be able to simply connect it to a (2.5" to usb) to my pc to copy data on it?

Cheers all... :)

Sorry about the spellin :shhh: Too much BEER :shhh:

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Sorry about the spellin :shhh: Too much BEER :shhh:

So we share the same passion :bowdown:

Hi all... Iv been modding (Simple Modding) Iv replaced the disk drive in the a500 with a pc drive iv got it working fine ish' loads disks' formats' plays' most of the games theres just a couple that wont load now one being lemmings' Iv un soildered ds1 and soildered ds0 and connected pin34 to pin2 so I was wondering if there somthing iv missed? and thats why it wont load some of the games? (Most games work)

/// I am not that technical, however I can confirm I looked the whole internet after it, and found some sony drives to do the job but NOT only with some pin swapping, it takes some more magic, at least when looking at post counts, who answers the question, quite sure some more technical user will pick this up, if not I'll find the right references what I did, it was a sony ms.. I am happy with it, it works with lemmings for sure:roll:

Right! question 2.... As some of you know i have a AQ overdrive external hdd on the a1200' iv stripped it down and from what i can see' I looks like shandard 2.5" laptop ide connection' So im thinking would it be able to simply connect it to a (2.5" to usb) to my pc to copy data on it?

/// Yes, you would only need to start winuae to read the filesystem since Winblows does not recognise it. Winuae will mount it READ and WRITE since it is already an amiga file system. If on linux, you could make it readable but not out of the box. There are some file system differences that could make life hard, so I prefer alway's to extract on the amiga partitions.

PS: I'll start right now with the beers :nod::nod:

Cheers all... :smile::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Phil1978

AmiBayer
Country
UK.
Region
Good lad!! Get that beer out! lol... Cheers for the info aswell' I might have to just do some trial and error regarding the hdd...

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
M8! - Why the :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: when you're all beered up?

It's either, :beer: or :pint:eek:r if you're really mullered..... :drinkin:

Either way m8. stay focused. ;)

Kin

Phil1978

AmiBayer
Country
UK.
Region
M8! - Why the :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: when you're all beered up?

It's either, :beer: or :pint:eek:r if you're really mullered..... :drinkin:

Either way m8. stay focused. ;)

Kin

LOL... I gave it up as a bad idea anyway' Well i gave it up when i realized i could not see the tip of the soldering iron.... But later on when my bloomin headaches gone ill attept to carry on...

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Ok, I don't understand why, I click on it, and it works.. Maybe browser,

well if you go to google.com and type exactly: (copy and paste please)

kipper and sony and 920MPF

the first result is the thread!

cheers:roll:

Phil1978

AmiBayer
Country
UK.
Region
Ok, I don't understand why, I click on it, and it works.. Maybe browser,

well if you go to google.com and type exactly: (copy and paste please)

kipper and sony and 920MPF

the first result is the thread!

cheers:roll:

Its ok sorry i was on my tablet pc and its a pain sometimes. Worked ok on my desktop... Sorry :oops:

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
No Problem. If you source that flop you are sure about it, it'll work, there are others to, I looked for the German site, but can't find it.

Top Bottom