Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
OK, for those who are perhaps bored and uber talented (read: JuvUK :LOL:), here's another Christmas-inspired thread to get your teeth into.

The object is to create The Amibay Christmas Story. The rules are simple; each member has to add one sentence to the story to follow on from the previous post. This allows for some creativity in the areas of punctuation, as there is no limit to the length of the sentence. Members can post as many times as they like but not one after the other, i.e. there must be another member's post in-between.

OK, here's the first sentence to get you started.

It was a cold, bleak Winter's night in the old manor House and nothing stirred, except for the gentle, rhythmical ticking of the grandfather clock, when suddenly.....

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
It was a cold, bleak Winter's night in the old manor House and nothing stirred, except for the gentle, rhythmical ticking of the grandfather clock, when suddenly.....

...an unknown figure was outside the door. The grandfather clock begun to sound the familiar noise of the midnight hours. Someone was knocking on the door and...

Hm... Is this gonna be a Christmas story? It sounds like a horror-story to me. :D

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
...an unknown figure was outside the door. The grandfather clock begun to sound the familiar noise of the midnight hours. Someone was knocking on the door and...

Merlin went to see who it was (as he had a lawgiver) as the door slowly creaked open the familiar outline of.....

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
...the postman, "yet more retro goodies for you again Mr Merlin sir, I've got a particularly heavy box in the van if you wouldn't mind helping me bring it in for you"....

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Merlin thought to himself "what the heck is he doing here at midnight? ah well never mind he's bringing me gifts) He helped to lug the big, heavy box into his stately manor, as he crow barred the lid from the box...........

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
.... a voice eminated from the box -"... let me out.... let me out..."

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
.... gate-crash a party that hasn't started yet and won't for about 2 weeks." "The voice in the box replied....

Last edited:

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
.... gate-crash a party that hasn't started yet and won't for about 2 weeks." The voice in the box replied....

Now edited as you posted at the same time as me!

Meanwhile, back in the story................

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
.....No Harrison. You must stay in the box until the rest of the guests arrive, or your Gimp outfit won't be a surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
i've edited mine too, but now these last 2 don't make any sense :wooha:

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

.....No Harrison. You must stay in the box until the rest of the guests arrive, or your Gimp outfit won't be a suprise.

eeewwww

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Sometimes Juzzer, you have no imagination..... :jester:

Kin

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
This thread is somewhere between a stitch-up and a cock-up :LOL:

Just don't ask me to make sense of it or fix it, it's up to you members to get things back on track.

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
..."I'm not Harrison, I'm JuvUK, how could you possibly get us confused?" came the response from the box...

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
/JuvUK wondered to himself how he got into the box whilst wearing a gimp suit in the 1st place? "ah well" he thought, "every day is a learning day"......

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
...suddenly there was another knock at the door. It was the postman again. He had forgotten to deliver a second parcel, even larger than the first! ...

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
...Merlin looked at the box in astonishment, surely this couldn't be real, the box said "Commodore Amiga 5000T"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom