Not open for further replies.

RedDaemonFox

Amiga's enemy is my enemy!
AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
Hello all, I am dreamcast270mhz, a gamer, collector and amateur programmer from backwater Virginia, USA. i've been poking around the site for a few weeks and I can say that this site is quite unique, I look forward to doing business with other members. Here's a short bio:

Interests: Computers, Video games, Paintball
Job: Cashier
Hates: rap, Windows 95, MS-DOS, loud dogs, huge amounts of dust

Currently I own no Amigas, but I'm installing Amithlon on my laptop and I also wish to get a minimig and mess with it. I've got huge amounts of Intel and Dell hardware I'm trying to sell off, so inquire if interested.

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Re: The arrival of Dreamcast270mhz

Welcome, please enjoy your stay.

Also, cool to see the amiga find new users :)

Btw, also try out AmiKit, it´s very cool. You need legal roms, you can buy amiga forever from cloanto. It comes with some amiga software and legal roms from all amigas (500 to 4000),

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

Welcome Dreamcast270mhz!

It's good to see another member from the USA! I really hope you enjoy your stay here.

I definitely agree with arnljot that you should get the Amiga Forever package. It's a great, legal emulator that can actually help you with real Amiga hardware later on.

Take care,

Heather

RedDaemonFox

AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901

yeah I'm a n00b in amiga hardware, if my amithlon install won't work, i may get a stripped down linux and get the amiga forever package for linux (It's basically E-UAE, right?) and get AROS as well, been meaning to try it. Good to see other US folk here too, amiga was pretty obscure here,my dad was an apple ][/atari 8-bit user. I've got the Amiga OS XL cd, ( :censored: of course, but I'll buy it when I get more cash) and that is pretty legal besides the means i got it. Man, if the amiga went for the prices in 1994 that it does go for now, C= would have been richer than Gates (Ok, maybe not Gates) but I blame C= for the Amiga's fall. Hopefully Hyperion will get the lawsuit over with and port to more common hardware. (not x86/x64, PPC mac)

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

Speak to Charlie, moderator here or over at EAB, he really is the Amithlon Guru...

Heed my advice & Welcome ....

TC (y)

PhilipMcD

Country
Country
Region
Region

If you've got no Amigas but a laptop to spare you may as well give Icaros distro/compilation a try if you like the Amithlon concept.

Amithlon has unfortunately been out of development for awhile, but AROS/Icaros is becoming pretty usable!

Here's a bit of history on Amithlon.

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands

Welcome Jonathon
Nice to see a new face on Amibay, enjoy your stay :)

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

@ Dreamcast270Mhz

Welcome! I like the word 'unique', because that is exactly what we strove to achieve; I am glad you recognise that.

I would be interested to know your thoughts about this in comparison to what we set out to create, this is an evolving site. What is it about our site that says 'quite unique' to you?

Don't worry about being a n00b at Amiga etc; we expanded the site some time back to cater for most if not all retro formats of hardware.

I have had to edit your post very slightly as we don't allow warez on here; I hope you understand our reasons for this.

:)

Merlin

RedDaemonFox

AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901

understandable, I've actually given up and am installing AROS and e-uae for now

Status