Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Hi all,

here is the confirmed info that i can supply at this time, I will update this thread as/when more is confirmed.

the room hired is called Moonstone and is located here http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/gb/en/cheltenham/glcch/hoteldetail. It will have 9 tables placed around the outside of the room, each table can hold 2 systems.

the room is open to us from 8am to 8pm on the 21st Feb 2015, there will be Tea, Coffee and biscuits supplied all day at no extra cost, there is also a large lounge seating area and bar just outside the room we can use for "quiet time"

The hotel everyone has booked into is this one https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/84/Cheltenham-hotel

Tourneys planned
Bomberman on the saturn (projector)
outrun on the xbox
Sensi on the miggy
SF2 on the SNES?
Mario Kart on the N64?
IK+ i guess on the miggy again?

one table will be set aside for repairs/mods/hackery and will be ran by Zetr0

Machines confirmed
1) Amiga Walker plus screen
2) SNES - Projector from Fitzsteve
3) Amstrad CPC464 - 15" TV
4) Xbox - TV Jason
5) Dreamcast - VGA monitor
6) Saturn - 15" TV Jason
7) N64 - need a display
:cool: Gamecube - need a display
9) Silicone Graphics Octane - Skilgannon - will need a display
10) Megadrive/x32/MegaCD - Scrappy - will need a display
11) BBC - Rojaws - will need a display
12) A1500 - Woodycool - will need a display
13) PC Assetto Corsa
14) Neo Geo - Fitzsteve
15) PC Engine - Fitzsteve
16) c64 with sd2iec - Johnim

People 100% confirmed as attending with rooms booked

Me/Mrs Me
Fitzsteve/Mrs Fitzsteve
Johnim
Scrappysphinx
Gazcbm
r0jaws
Zetr0
Atarijay
Skilgannon (THE Scotland)
mjnurney
Firthy
Crazy Horse Gaming (online magazine)
TheCorfiot
iainjh
Bastich
matt666uk
DojoDan
MatinW
Davideo
sir beaker
Imnogeek

there should be a t-shirt available with the official Cheltonian GeekFest logo (Scrappy can you talk to Gary about this?)
the official logo is this Cheltonian tshirt.jpg can anyone interested in a t-shirt PM me with required sizes? thanks :)

please can anyone else attending 100% PM me so i can update the numbers.

in the evening after the event we can go bowling or go for a meal etc before retiring to a bar somewhere :)

Attachments

• Moonstone room.pdf
    186.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Looking forward to it mate. The SG Octane is just for show really as it doesn't play any games therefore if we need / want another Amiga 1200 for Tourney's and stuff I can bring that instead? I've also got a wee Mac Classic I could bring - but again would just be for show as no games for it. Cheers, J

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Hi Juvvy i will definitely be there mate, I'm bringing along a TRS80 Model 4 system too ;)

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
We could also have an Amiga just running Stunt Car Racer that folks can dip in and out of and record their best laps and see who has the fastest lap of the day at the end?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Juvvy i will definitely be there mate, I'm bringing along a TRS80 Model 4 system too ;)

Hey Bas, looking forward to meeting you in person after all this time assuming I don't have Jet Lag from the journey hehe ;)

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
:woot: <---- EXCITED!

Last edited:

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

Yo Baz, added you to the 100% list :)

Cheers Bud...
Wouldnt mind a bit of space for my TRS80, It's my own Hotrod machine with Hard Disc and full Hires Graphics.
I can also bring my Altera DE1 development board running a full Memotech MTX512 system with CPM

I can also bring a few screens if needed, i have a PVM, LCD TV and a BBC Cub for r0jaws...

I will also be bringing a brand new product for the BBC Micro to fit to r0jaws machine, clue, get Elite Executive ready ;)

:)

Last edited:

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
excellent

we will find room for the TRS somewhere mate, and good to see there will be something on the hackery table already :)

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire

Yo Baz, added you to the 100% list :)

Cheers Bud...
Wouldnt mind a bit of space for my TRS80, It's my own Hotrod machine with Hard Disc and full Hires Graphics.
I can also bring my Altera DE1 development board running a full Memotech MTX512 system with CPM

I can also bring a few screens if needed, i have a PVM, LCD TV and a BBC Cub for r0jaws...

I will also be bringing a brand new product for the BBC Micro to fit to r0jaws machine, clue, get Elite Executive ready ;)

:)

Sounds interesting buddy, what is it?

Justin, I've got a Gamecube and screen too if needed. :)

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Lol, wait and see, but i can tell you every BBC B or Master owner will want one ;)

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
well how f'ing cool is that?!! :)

will you be OK to do an interview with Crazy Horse Gaming on the day?

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
I will be available for anything that you guys need, if anyone wants an Atari video encoder fitted or any quick mods / repairs then let me know in advance so i can be fully prepared and equipped.

;)

Last edited:

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
perfect thanks buddy, Zetr0 also asked for a list of machines that maybe broken, if anyone wants to bring a non working machine to be looked at can you list the model and what symptoms the machine has BEFORE bringing it to the meet?

Mike Penman will probably like to talk to a few of you guys, but of course you are more then welcome to decline :)

mjnurney

we live as we dream. Alone.
Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
looks great chaps

i can offer.

Ti99/4a nano PEB
A4000 040 / wifi 3g net adaptor
A500 030 / as above
Sinclair 48K & Discovery disk drive/ interface 3