The End of Club Nintendo

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Club Nintendo is shutting down. Be sure to redeem your coins before they are gone!

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/...ogram-is-winding-down-gone-forever-on-july-1/

I lucked out and had enough coins to get the incredible Majora's Mask 3DS Messenger Bag!

312X170_MajoraMask_bagdetail_b.jpg

I'm sad to see Club Nintendo go, but not too sad. Last year's Digital Only rewards for the Gold and Platinum level members was supremely disappointing.

Heather

slk486

Asking the questions because I DON'T KNOW
VIP
Country
Denmark
Region
Sealand
I have a lot of games I never registered, so if someone wants to go through the hassle... ;)

slk486

VIP
Country
Denmark
Region
Sealand
I just realised how much work that entails. Scratching codes, taking pictures and sending them :unsure:

While I think it's a shame they go wasted, I never bothered to register them, because it's a very sluggish process filling in their silly form, so I'm not sure I want to put in much work on this :LOL:

Alternately I could post the code sheets, which would be less work, but render the game sort of incomplete. I'll give it a thought.

Last edited:

cicobuff

Country
United Kingdom
Region
West Midlands
The EU store has historically been known to have offered more physical items than the US one. However I am currently holding onto my remaining stars hoping for something worthwhile.

Other than the Zelda: Link Between Worlds soundtrack the other week that sold out in a day, we have not had anything new to add to the Mario Golf Balls, Mario Kart 8 pins that have been available for months, and the Game & Ball Watch that seems to have been on forever.

I am regretting missing out on the Luigi 30th Anniversary items last year and remain hopeful for maybe a Mario Kart 8 statue of some kind, the pins I find a bit meh.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
I totally agree that filling out their questionnaire for every code is a bit daunting. Still, it doesn't take too long and I have gotten some good things from Nintendo. My favorite two items are the bag I just ordered and the Game & Watch Collection for the DS. Some of the articles state that Nintendo is going to have a new rewards program to replace this one, but I'm not sure what they are thinking of doing.

Heather

slk486

VIP
Country
Denmark
Region
Sealand
Yeah, they are promising something new later in the year. That begs the question of whether or not the old game codes will have any part in that.

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
Yeah, they are promising something new later in the year. That begs the question of whether or not the old game codes will have any part in that.
It's already been announced any stars not used by September 30th with be voided. Let me know what you decide to do with your codes.

Top Bottom