The lost treasure of Cuauhtemoc - Impressive Amstrad CPC game teased

Neil79

Country
UK
Region
Kent
Clipboard014.jpg

Clipboard023.jpg

After the recent flood of C64 and jaw dropping ZX Spectrum games such as Castlevania and Pentacorn Quest, it seems to have pushed the Amstrad homebrew scene into action with the latest teased announcement of 'The lost treasure of Cuauhtemoc'

http://www.indieretronews.com/2015/03/the-lost-treasure-of-cuauhtemoc.html

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
That does look nice. I will have to try this one out in emulation.

Some of the recent releases have for me continued to highlight what I've always thought. That the CPC had a much better colour palette than the C64, which to me has always looked very limited and muted with muddy looking colours.

I still miss my CPC464 but I can't justify owning one these days so emulation it is.

Neil79

Country
UK
Region
Kent
That does look nice. I will have to try this one out in emulation.

Some of the recent releases have for me continued to highlight what I've always thought. That the CPC had a much better colour palette than the C64, which to me has always looked very limited and muted with muddy looking colours.

I still miss my CPC464 but I can't justify owning one these days so emulation it is.

If I had to say which I prefer it would be the Amstrad for the colour, the C64 for the game speed and the ZX Spectrum for the erm homebrew scene? :D

Paradroid90

C64 Junkie
AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Chatham Kent
Sorry Guys, I am going to throw my hat into the ring :) and being bias lol

Overall if I had to pick one only it would the 64 everytime, I must admit I do like the palette on the CPC and this game looks really good and will have to try it my own CPC when I get a chance.

The good thing is about the CPC is the some of the games which you cannot get on a C64 but can on the CPC - There are now versions of Deathchase, 3D Starstrike, Jet Pac, Formula One and a decent version of Turbo Esprit.

Without having to own a Speccy :)

The debate continues :)

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Can these new games be put on tape or do you have to get some flash based device?

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
if its for the cpc,will it be on disk?

and will it be on download somewhere?

Last edited:
Top Bottom