The NatAmi project is humming along quite nicely.

Nathanieltolbert

Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
I have been very impressed with the work they have done on this project. Unfortunately, until the product is ready for mass testing, the developer's board, there are always many things that could go wrong that will stop us from ever seeing this product.

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:28 ----------

They did a video to showcase how the machine is coming along, more so than the one where he is just playing Giana Sisters. Here's the link. It's very nice, and they already noted that they recognize some sound and graphical issues, so here's hoping. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rydE7wa_5d0&fmt=18
Even if this machine doesn't do more than A4000D I would be interested for the sole purpose that I wouldn't have to worry about the machine breaking down, and not being able to replace parts, because they aren't made any more.

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
let's hope..

let's hope..

It has a new website to. Let's hope for the best :) I found it rather static looking checking it once every month, but it seems they are heading to some point.

If they produce a good working clone, that is faster I'll buy one... I am sorry to say but everything after the A4000 is a "clone" to me.. It's personal, so don't flame me..

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad

They did a video to showcase how the machine is coming along, more so than the one where he is just playing Giana Sisters. Here's the link. It's very nice, and they already noted that they recognize some sound and graphical issues, so here's hoping. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rydE7wa_5d0&fmt=18

Strange, it was that vid I was thinking of linking to, I apparently did just link to the giana one which wasn't all that impressive. That video you link to was from their "natami developer party" and was showcasing the several games / wb. And show the true state of things.

But as far as they have come, getting ready should be within reach. I was more worried with the project when they just had good intensions.

Just think of it, an amiga where memory speed and other old bottlenecks is gone. And every part of the computer on stereoids. I'd love to have a Amiga-compatible machine like that.

gavilan

Amiga user & abuser since 1988
AmiBayer
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires
Natami...HxD floppy emulator... 1541 Ultimate...OpenPandora... /me wonders how much $$$$ i have to sell to get access to all this amazing stuff :LOL::LOL:

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
@gavilan

LOL! I have three of those four devices on order. :)

The NatAmi project looks interesting, but probably going to be over my budget.

Heather

Top Bottom