The (not) secret diary of JuvUK

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Good morning my fellow Amibayers,
well I thought I'd start this off with age. This year I am fast approaching 39, now this in itself is not a problem, but i do have some concerns.
Firstly I am 6 ft 2" tall and weigh 12 1/2 stone (I don't know what this is an lbs for our American friends) I work out and I fence (as in swords not wooden panels), so how come all of sudden I've developed this ring of fat? It's not a spare tyre, more of a bicycle inner tube, but it's still there, so where'd it come from?
Also, body hair! now I know that hair in the ears and nose is there to filter dirt, dust particles etc, but why from 30 something on we I need more of it? I didn't need it before, why do I need it now? Has my body decided that as I get older I need more protection from dust? I do like my hairdressers explanation for ear hair "it's to filter out bulls**t from young people".
But as I age it's not all bad, I've chilled more, nothing phases me, and I'm a much more balanced and happy person, oh and car insurance is filthy cheap!
Well that's enough from me today (I have work to do) but who knows what my next topic will be? stay tuned.......

JuvUK

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
Middle age is defined as the point when your wide mind and narrow waist begin to change places.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Uh-oh; all of a sudden we've got AmiBlogs being posted....:huh:

Don't expect to see a "xyz likes this" button on here anytime EVER..... this isn't Fizzog-book or Tw*tter .......:LOL:

cosmicfrog

The 1 That Ribbits
Country
UK
Region
Potteries
LOL have`t noticed extra hair
but getting a bigger ring round the middle for sure

Chinners

Country
England
Region
North Yorkshire
Your problem is the keeping fit and working out stuff you do.

I've always had a spare tyre - most probably from a bus. So a little extra "mid life bicycle inner tube" is not noticeable.

The thing with the extra nose hair, is that when it gets long, you can pull it out and start sneezing. I'm not sure if that's a punishment or a bonus though.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ JuvUK

I always thought that Ferrari tyres were low profile......:whistle:

:rofl3

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
@ JuvUK

I always thought that Ferrari tyres were low profile......:whistle:

:rofl3

lol very good m8! but have you ever seen the size of a Daytona or 275GTB tyre? lets just say you wouldn't want one on your face as a wart!

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
Cheer up Juvee, Doctor Sensi advises some faggotry at the EpicAnteatersBoard is best for aging. :p

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
14lbs in a Stone, so you're weighing in at 175lbs m8y. :nod:

I would concur about the hair merlarky though. Nasal hair becomes like barbed wire if you use trimmers. The best way to remove unwanted hair is with tweezers. They will re-grow but stay softer for it. Pull one at a time too. Grabbing bunches means you have to pull harder & you can bleed for it.

RE your tyre m8y, do you feel bloated with it? - Like an uncomfortable feeling sometimes that is exacerbated after eating certain foods?

Middle age is defined as the point when your wide mind and narrow waist begin to change places.

Only if you had a narrow waist to start with. ;)
Great definition though. :LOL:

Kin

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
LOL Kinnie - I like that - I've never had a narrow waist! When I was 20 I had been practicing Karate for 6 years - already hit Black belt (should have been higher by then but our Sensei was very very strict on progression) so essentially did this twice a week, played footie and ran. I also sat on my @rse and messed about with my C64 (and then Amiga) but safe to say - was pretty fit. BUT even then I never had a thin waist. Always had love handles and quite a bit of a belly and still do. I'm now 39 (40 in Jan) and I cycle the 20 mile round trip on a Friday to work, another cycle (30 hilly miles during the week), another cycle on a Sunday of around 30 to 50 miles and hit the gym on a Monday night for 80 mins and I STILL have the love handles!

I eat pretty healthily during the week but I think the problem is the weekends and beer and wine and crisps come into the equation. Probably just as well I do all the other stuff otherwise I would probably look like the good year blimp by now!

LOL

Hey ho

J

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@ Skilgannon

I hear where you're coming from m8, but not personally. I'm a rather wirey build & lucky enouugh to have the remenants of an 8-pack. Since my Pancreas half died on me, I've bloated a little & some love handles are now evident for me too. Some days though, I do look fitter than others meaning as you get old0r, you have some good days & some bad days. :|

@ thread

I do sympathise with Juzza about his concerns though, but if I could say anything to try & comfort the guy as an 0ld0r Kunt0r, shit happens m8 & there is nothing we can do about this. Flowers don't last for ever. ;)

@ JuvUK

Anyway m8y, it doesn't matter what you look like. If you're with the right partner, they'll still love you no matter what. (y)

Kin

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Hehe - yeah - I've not got so much a six pack as a "Family fun pack" :)

J

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
LOL probably not but given I haven't practiced in about 15 years I think most folk would be safe HAHA

Funny thing is - even after all those years there are certain basics that you learn that will be with you for life and you learn them in the early training. All the rest is refining the basics really and I certainly don't remember the advanced Kata's now - god help me if I ever needed to use what I learned in earnest these daya! :)

J

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I did montignac and had about 118 kilo's to 95 stable for over a year:D (loosing the most first 2 months) It is not popular, about the same day's Amiga were great, Technics, and montignac.:help:

Probably there is a reason why, but I don't care much I eat normal, but loosing pounds was fun, since it did not mean feeling hungry with it:roll: I was sold from the start, eating a lot calories, one meal meaning a lot of calories, but I've evolved from that died..

A little nosal hair, is ok, you know when you'll get older you need more maitenenance, as long as you keep to the maintenace, if it is for a female, don't feel troubled, they select you on a money basis, and there furure for them first (y)

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
<snip>

A little nosal hair, is ok, you know when you'll get older you need more maitenenance, as long as you keep to the maintenace, if it is for a female, don't feel troubled, they select you on a money basis, and there furure for them first (y)

Oooooh! - Hello Mr. Cynical! :LOL:

Kin

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
good morning my fellow amibay dudes and dudettes,

so, what a great weekend!! sunny, bright and chirpy, i had a friend over on Saturday night for an Aliens night! great films (well the first 2 anyway and the 5th one was good until the story disappeared up it's own bum at the end) some vodka redbulls and a 4am finish:)

anyway i digress, todays topic i hear you shout!?

well this forum, I love this site, i really do, i read the posts, laugh at some, bite my tongue at others! remain amazed there aren't more mistakes and upsets due to mis-read or written posts, language differences etc, but we still all just get along with the odd exception. what about Retibay? sorry was just a random sudden thought (i get them from time to time)

Moderation, well i'm happy with it in general(y). is this site meant to be a democracy? if so shouldn't the site members have a vote in site decisions? (again just a thought! oooOOOOooo i sound all "Wolfie" "power to the people, come the revolution!" he he he)

so just a final "thanks guys 'n' gals for making Amibay what it is.

cheers, JuvUK

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
But what about your concerns of becoming more hairy & chunkier m8? :shrug:

You must have shares in Wax strips by now. :mrgreen:

Kin

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
But what about your concerns of becoming more hairy & chunkier m8? :shrug:

You must have shares in Wax strips by now. :mrgreen:

Kin

lol that was last week m8! you know i have a very short attention span. chunkier is a slowing metabolism - which means i need to workout more to compensate and wax strips for your nose and ears? where can i get some of those bad boys? well? well? tell me! where! i must have them!! :p

Top Bottom