The Top 100 Amiga Games of all Time

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I'm pleased to announce the launch of the survey:

The Top 100 Amiga Games of All Time!

Our goal is to get as many Amiga fan to take part as we can, so we can create the definitive Top 100 list of Amiga games of all time.

You will be asked during the survey to select your personal Top 10 Amiga games from a list of over 300 games. Each person's Top 10 will then be combined to decide the final Top 100 games list, which will be published once the survey is concluded.

Due to the total number of games released for the Amiga over the years, we decided it would not be possible to include them all. Instead, using a selection process, we picked the most popular and best games released for the Amiga to offer a choice of 300 games for you to pick from. We hope all of your favourites are included, and apologise if we have missed any out.

Please visit http://top100amigagames.classicemu.com to take part.

Notes

You have to register to take part in this survey, and will be emailed a unique access url to take part once you have. Your registration details will not be used for anything other than this survey, as the registration is only to ensure that each person taking part only submits their game choices once.

On the second page of the survey we are asking additional information about each person taking the survey, but you do not have to complete these questions if you do not wish to. However these questions will help us build a better picture of the Amiga fans still supporting this great system today.

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
I bet you voted all the ST conversions... :p

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

Done too, but why not seeing the standing lists so far? :)

Lechuck

Country
Greece
Region
Athens
Although I noticed some of my favourite games missing ,

this is a pretty nice survey!

Come on everyone , lets complete the top 100 list!

(y)

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
@ AndyC, I spotted it in the list, didn't vote for it myself though. ;)

Just completed the survey took about 10 minutes.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
SWOS is in there. Named "Sensible World of Soccer 96-97".

Most of the games in the list are in alphabetical order, except for a couple at the very bottom.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Hmm.. 100, eh?

I'll have 99 copies of Elite and one of Syndicate; that should cover it for me....:LOL:

clueless

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
West Yorkshire
Easy enough. Whats the criteria for it ending? A time limit or number of participants?
Oh and I love the backdrop, can I have it please?

AndyC

AmiBayer
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Fife
Done...

Tough one - settled on SWOS at No.1, followed by Frontier...

Looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

AndyC

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Turrican 2, Flashback, SWOS on the pondium. (y)

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
The Top 100 Amiga Games of all Time

Just filled in my top 10 -

Some noted problems

1. No SensiGolf in the list
2. if you remove a choice it doens't appear back in the list to select later
3. only a choice of 10!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't choose an order of favourites... so I blatted it down as best I could.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
:LOL: Z. I know what you mean about only choosing 10. It is bloody hard to request that from any dedicate Amiga gamer. ;)

1, Sensible Golf is in there, but out of order at the very bottom. Sorry about that.
2, Games should go back into the list if you remove them. I will double check that though.
3, We thought that if every person taking part had to pick 100 games each it would take a very long time and not many people would complete such a task. So, going along with how many gaming magazines have polled their readers to create their Top 100 lists, we decided to just ask each person for their favourite 10.

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@H

Problem is for people like our selves that *live* amiga, 10 games doth not a collection make ;)

infact it doesn't cover all the genres either.... *sigh*

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
What's the criteria for it ending? A time limit or number of participants?
Oh and I love the backdrop, can I have it please?

We haven't set a firm conclusion date yet as we were unsure how quickly people would submit their entries. However, the response has so far been great with 60 completed submissions so far, and a further 9 in progress.

Rather than a firm time limit I think we will wait until the popularity of entries starts to fall off. Possibly the end of this month. A personal goal I have in mind is 1000 people taking part. :)

As for the backdrop. I'm glad you like it. It took a bit of time to create and I think it works well. I've attached the original version that hasn't had the blue opacity fade applied to it. This image includes Box Front scans for over 200 of the games included in this survey. Or you can download it in its original size from http://www.classicemu.com/images/Top-100-boxart-page.jpg

Attachments

• Top-100-boxart-page.jpg
    Top-100-boxart-page.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 3

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
@H

Problem is for people like our selves that *live* amiga, 10 games doth not a collection make ;)

infact it doesn't cover all the genres either.... *sigh*

:LOL: I know your pain.

It is a huge ask to get any Amiga fan to be able to possibly, in their wildest nightmares, be able to select just 10 games from the thousands created over the years for this great system.

However, there is something on the horizon to hopefully please you. Once this survey is completed, and the results published, we will then be launching another survey to find out what everyone's favourites are for each genre of Amiga game. That should be very interesting. People will be able to submit their Top 5 for each Genre!

We will be opening the doors for nominations for the Genres survey as soon as this one concludes, so everyone can help construct the final games lists we will be using.

Top Bottom