The Video Games of Today Reimagined in 8 and 16 Bits

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
Its amazing how many of these games would actually work and by what i can see, become huge hits when translated to 8 or 16 bit.

Final Fantasy obviously evolved from that era so would translate perfectly back into its old form, but Killzone looks to be an awesome Contra clone, Mirrors Edge looks awesome, and i cant see any of the core gameplay changing atall with Pikmin! Even Res Evil 5 looks great! :LOL:

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
Yeah, they didn't have to do much with the Final Fantasy example! :LOL:
Mirror's Edge 2D actually exists, well, not exactly like on that picture, but very playable nevertheless. See http://www.mirrorsedge2d.com (y)
I like how they remade Red Dead Redemption into that cool game where you could shoot in 3 directions (what was the name...)
Oh, and Batman: Arkham Asylum, the greatest Batman game in the history of Batman games on ALL systems... would love to see that 16-bit. :cool:

thgill

Wears pants, sometimes...
AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Cincinnati, OH
Personally I think I would enjoy some of those games a hell of a lot more if there were redone on 8 or 16bit machines.

A lot of modern 3d games just don't hold my interest for any length of time.

Play them for a couple minutes and I am done.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
I'd like to see Modern Warfare 2 as a 16-bit title, just for giggles.......

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
Like the NDS version? ;)

modernwarfare.png

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
^^^^^^

ROFL!!

Does the NDS do V-SYNC & what's the FPS like? :LOL:

Kin

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
No idea, there's no FRAPS NDS version... :LOL:

Controlling is mucho-sucky, you look around with the stylus and walk forward/backward & strafe right/left with the d-pad.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
No idea, there's no FRAPS NDS version... :LOL:

PMSL!! :LOL:

Controlling is mucho-sucky, you look around with the stylus and walk forward/backward & strafe right/left with the d-pad.

Yeah, I could only imagine it would be mucho-sucky. FPS shooters must be played with a KB & mouse for me. I've tried playing COD on a friends X-Box & just gave him the Joy Pad back whilst laughing my head off. :LOL:

Kin

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
FPS shooters must be played with a KB & mouse for me.
Definitely, will never understand how can they play like that.
It's just painful for me, like, dunno, playing a RTS game with the joystick. Unnatural.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@ Shoons

Many years ago when I use to Play Counter Strike Beta 5.2 (christ that version absolutely rocked) it was so funny being in a game online & coming across someone playing the game with a Joystick. They turned really really slowly so I'd always whip me knife out, crouch down & stab them in the knees once. Then move around to the back of them while watching them attempt to turn and face you again & stab them in the knees for a second time, whilst moving round to their back again. I use to cry with laughter whilst doing this as it wasn't very often you would come across someone soft enough to be on a Joystick in a 3D shooter. 4 stabs was all you could get in in one life span, but I was on the look out for the guy every round after that if he was daft enough to stay on the server. :LOL:

Great days & sadly missed.

Kin

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
@Kinny: LOL, must've been hilarious ;)

Personally I was never into Counter Strike (even though loved Half-Life ;)), but rather Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear.
Been playing it for years since it came out, first with my best buddies we had some sleepless nights of Multiplayer sessions for the entire vacation on a LAN-par-ta-ta-tey, and finally played over GameSpy in our homes when the internet got a bit cheaper here.
It was slow (the game. well, the internet too... :whistle:), based on stealth sniper-camping "action" but still you could die after a few seconds. And there was no respawning until the next match. Hardcore. :LOL:
Ahhh, good times... would do anything to get us together LANing again, but each of us has their own jobs and families, it's so hard to find time now... and to synchronize the free time for all of us at once ;)

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
It was absolutely hilarious Shoons. CS always use to bring out the campers with their AWP's. I was an LPB then & could take out campy snipers with 56K connections for breakfast with my MP5 as a CT or AK47 as a Terroist. ISDN owned back then. ;)

HL was the game that made me buy a PC & then we moved onto CS for the hardcore "out until the end of the round" thing. One CS map had this building with a Trapdoor on the roof & this blasted CT was camped up on the roof. I was guarding the Hossies being the last man alive on the Terroist team & was absolutely whoring the entire server. Knowing where he was for hearing the Trap door clunk, I knew he was waiting for me on the roof & out of sight from my approach as I walked slowly to avoid footsteps. I jumped on the coal bunker outside the building & crept along the ledge to the oposite end of the building. The ladder there took me to the roof & if you pressed the crouch key whilst moving forward on ladders, you wouldn't make a sound. :D
Creeping up behind him, he's now got his back to me & is watching the trap door thinking he's going to shoot me in the face as I pop throgh the roof trapdoor. I start Flashing my torch at him going, "click click - click click". At this he stands up getting ready to shoot thinking it's me coming through the trap door. "click click - click click" again & at this he moves sideways a bit & I go with him to stay behind him. He's still looking at the trap door, so I go "click click - click click" again & just as he turns around, I go full Auto @ point blank in his face with my AK47......

The whole server was roaring with laughter at the start of the next round & even the guy I just did this to was in bits despite crapping himself in the process. :LOL:

I really really miss those days & have an awful lot more hilarious memories of playing that game. - Just brilliant fun & time more than well spent, just for the fun factor alone.

Kin

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
Wow that resident Evil 5 looks great. In fact Resi 5 is the best game on the 360 ever. Would love to play that version on my A1200 :)

I personally prefer the classic Res Evils most of which I own (PS1 and 'cube), but its not a bad game.

Top Bottom