CrazyC

Damn these amiga bills keep adding up
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Kent
Was just watching the 2nd part of the Christmas 2 parter of The Wrong Mans, when Phil explained he had thousands of hours flying time on a flight simulator (which would enable him to fly the cargo plane they were going to escape in). When asked which one he explained it was the F/19 Stealth Fighter to which Sam state that he didn't think it counted as that was on the Amiga!

How can that not count! thats what I want to know.

:nuts:

NinjaRabbit

Video Game Merchandise Collector
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
South Gloucestershire
I assume that's just typical pandering to the "Old = Bad" crowd?

CrazyC

Damn these amiga bills keep adding up
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Kent
I don't know, but at the reference I jumped up and down with excitement on the sofa to the annoyance of my wife.
Yes, OK, I am sad.
But you all know that already.
:picard:picard

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
That made me smile too.

That 2 part story was really good.. So glad it was as good as the first series.

Let's how they make some more, although James is off to the US to host a chat show this year.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
F-19 Stealth Fighter was on the Amiga and the PC. One of the first IBM clones that I put together from bits was a 486 with EGA graphics and I played F-19 on that, as well as the Amiga version. Nice to get the Amiga mentioned in a modern show though. :)

SaviorX

VCCUG
Banned
Country
Canada
Region
Calgary, Alberta
there's also a version for the C64/ZX called "Project Stealth Fighter", none of these are going to train you to fly an actual stealth fighter however :p (or likely anything else for that matter)

also, if you liked P:SF and/or F-19, check out F-117A Nighthawk.... (Amiga/MAC/DOS)

Last edited:

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
I assume that's just typical pandering to the "Old = Bad" crowd?

I don't think it's that. I think it's just that none of the flight simulators of the era, especially combat ones, offered a realistic enough flight and systems modeling to enable you to fly a cargo plane.

Last edited:
Top Bottom