Thieves

RedDaemonFox

Amiga's enemy is my enemy!
AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
Well.. i had my iPod touch swiped today. I'm really P1ssed, it was a gift awhile back so i'm ranting about thievery.

I absolutely hate it when people steal stuff, it shows: Ignorance, jealousy and cruelty. And people get mad when I say I know who did it, because 99.95% of the time when I accuse, I'm correct. The reason: people in my area are sleazebags, the law even turns blind eyes to the section 8 subdivisions where people sell drugs and mug people. As soon as I get my associates, in 2 years, i'm gone from here, I'm done trying to reason with animals and fiends, with administrators indifferent to the complaints, to racists who can't say why they hate me other than I'm white. It isn't supposed to be this way, I've lived here my whole life, and i'm really,really ready to get away from it all. To solidify this, when i recently went to rural Appalachia, I got along with everyone, they were all so kind and honest.... And China, they may not've liked me, but they acted civilized to me and my group. UGH! I need a vacation.....

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
That is unlucky chap. :( Can you not report it to the police, get a crime number and make a claim on your home insurance?

RedDaemonFox

AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
Not gonna do it over an iPod, but my school, where it occurred, is going to get an earful tomorrow morning over it, they'll have no choice but report it to the resource officer. Unfortunately, their insurance doesn't cover student valuables :(. But good news is term ends in four months. As far as the police goes, if the school uncovers who did it, I have the right to press charges. the thing that troubles me is I was still logged into my eBay account, which has a fair bit of money in it ~$91 USD, not a huge loss, at least my bank account was never logged into from there. Now, if it happened at my college (dual enrollment student) then they'd take it much more seriously, but nobody there would steal, they've too many cameras.

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
That's really sad. :(

Always watch your back and your items. The world is not so nice as it seems.

RedDaemonFox

AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
You can say that again, but I'm not fretting over it as much as I usually do, trying to stop acting like every little thing is so bad.

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
thieves are scum, they do it for a quick bit of cash more often than not to fund a habit, no thought of the personal attack and effect they have had on their victims, when we were burgled it affected Nikki really badly, she couldn't sleep fpr weeks (we were in bed when they broke in) :(

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Burglars... It's just really a bad experience. It's better to pretend sleeping when they are in (if they are 2 or more) than doing nothing. Else you can surprise him, if you have the courage.

RedDaemonFox

AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
thieves are scum, they do it for a quick bit of cash more often than not to fund a habit, no thought of the personal attack and effect they have had on their victims, when we were burgled it affected Nikki really badly, she couldn't sleep fpr weeks (we were in bed when they broke in) :(

Yeah, we had a rapist in our town from Baltimore, he raped one woman when her husband was in the other room (he is deaf) then raped another the next day, then fled to baltimore and tried to kill a lady up there. Crime like that hasn't hit my town in years, we've had drug busts, gang violence and the like, but never rapists.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Gah @ the little sh!t who now has your iPod. He'll get his one day m8y, don't you worry about it. Whats goes around, comes around. (y)

Still a total b!tch though.

Kin

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I'm glad I live in the UK as we don't have the levels of violent crime the US and other countries experience. Although thieves are still around, especially for things like cars.

When at University I used to park my car in a car park behind the university. It was a flat level open car park in the St Mary's area that a lot of students and workers uses daily. But it wasn't in a brilliant part of Southampton. I went back to my car one day to discover the rear quarter light window smashed. They had broken that for a less obvious break in. My glove box had been locked, but I had a tool kit in the boot, and they used a screwdriver from that to force the glovebox open to steal the CDs and CD player within. They also stole the toolkit and my leather jacket.

That wasn't a nice experience at all, and the Police were not interesting.

The strange thing is they didn't take the stereo which was a pretty high end Kenwood.

A friend parked in the same car park a week later and they did take his brand new Sony stereo though.

After that I paid more and parked in a multi story over the other side of the city with security cameras, and walked a mile to University every day instead.

With things like car and house break ins, the thieves never consider the negative impact it has on the owners of the property. The cost of repairs to the damage they cause, and the emotional side effects if it is a house.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@ Harrison

....It's not that long since they were using Bows & Arrows in Nottingham.... Guns were just natural progression.

We too are lucky in Cornwall RE crime, yet we have cockneys living here that didn't want their children growing up with shootings & stabbings in London.

It's all around us all over the world & if you look here RE murder stats:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita

....the US is well down the list with Columbia @ #1 in the world. Pay attention to the decimal points too. :coffee:

Kin

woodycool

Amiga enthusiast!
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK
Although not quite the same, when I used to work in a school (as an IT Technician) I used to take my MiniDisc Walkman in (those were the days) and have it plugged in to the PC speakers in the technician's office.
Anyway, one day, some little b*****d walked in and then walked off with my MiniDisc Walkman :pissed:

I know how you feel matey.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
The sad truth is, that in any environment with a large number of people you stuff isn't safe. Even in an office where you think you know everyone.

RedDaemonFox

AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
i don't trust a single one of the crackheads after this. I have had no update on it because of the bad snow storms, so if my luck is the way it is, they will have forgotten about it :(

Top Bottom